Lowrance Screen Shot options

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

So, I’ve got an HDS 8, and have been taking some screen shots. I have them on an SD card, but can’t get them onto my laptop from the SD card, as it’s a different file type. How can I get them to be viewable on here instead of just on my unit?

CaptainMusky

I think you need something like Lowrance Sonar Log Viewer to view them. I have recorded sonar (not screenshots), then uploaded this to the GoFreeCommunity and viewed my sonar data there.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I would try a different SD card, the photo file type is not something special that you need software to open. Or format your SD card. I have had that problem with some SD cards in the past. Not for screen shots but other file types.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Maybe I’ll have to do that, format the card. Because I have the shots loaded onto the card, and you can see them there, but they just won’t show up on this laptop. I’ll forward them to my work email and see if I can see em on that computer. Might as well.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

So when you format a card, what is that really doing?

Ken Sauret
    Paso Robles, California

When you Format an SD card, you are erasing all the information on the card, clearing it completely so be sure you don’t want anything that is on the card, making it ready for your next project.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Well guys, it looks like a problem with the memory card. I slipped another card in today, and got em up on the screen without a problem, the way I thought it would work. Thanks–

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Good to hear! )

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.