Lowrance Needs A "Map As You Go" Program Like Humminbird's AutoChart Live!!!!

• resq91

As a lifetime Lowrance user and electronics junkie, I would like to BEG, PLEAD, PRAY for Lowrance to get up to speed with a comparable “Map As You Go” system like what Humminbird has released with AutoChart Live.

The ability to have maps you create be overlaid onto an existing map is a game changer for me as well. Having my MotorGuide follow an inaccurate contour line is worse than having nothing at all. Without an VERY ACCURATE map to reference, it wont work. Most of the lakes I fish in Canada have no map at all, and the ones back home are inaccurate. I purchased standalone mapping software and have created some incredible maps for these.

I realize the ability to mine data from guys out on the lake is appealing, but we are spending our time and gas money doing it. It seems pretty crappy to then make us pay to get it back to use. And many of us don’t want our hard work being sold to some other guy to use.

I LOVE Lowrance products, easily the best imaging systems on the market. I have $7500.00 worth of electronics plus my Xi5. And I don’t want to change out all my gear, but I am looking real hard at Humminbird/MinnKota right now.

Please give some hope I may see this down the road, it is a big deal to us.

KirtH
    Lakeville

X2^^^ Structure Map

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.