Lowrance hds carbon 9 structurescan screen blank what have I done wrong while in

• Fred f b

I have everything installed like it says it’s supposed to be. I have messed with the settings tried different transducers,I have even reset everything and started over, all the lights are on on the 3D box. my Sonar works, GPS Works, everything but the structurescan I hope someone can help as I can’t get a response from lowrance themselves.

Thanks

Attachments:
    1. 20180604_195826.jpg

2. 20180604_195806.jpg

3. 20180604_195608-1.jpg

4. 20180604_195608.jpg

Fred f b

Yes sir it don’t change

CaptainMusky

I cannot see from the pic and I have never installed a 3D or the LSS module before, but I think you have to have it powered and hooked to the NMEA network right?
    I only see 2 cables connected, are there other connections on the other side? The two visible would be the transducer and the Ethernet cable correct?

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

You need to change the “source” to 3d. you presently have “this unit” selected. If you touch the source button it should give you and option to select 3d vs this unit. That should solve the issue

Fred f b

Yes sir on the other side of the 3D box there’s transducer 1 and transducer 2 plugged in all the lights are on.and my Ethernet is hooked into my head unit. my Sonar hooked into the head unit and my power ran from my fuse box to my head unit.the power from the 3D box is ran to the fuse box. the blue wire is the only one that is capped and not hooked to power from the power cord off the 3d box

Fred f b

Would my transducer be in a bad spot?

CaptainMusky

Sounds like you have all the connections right as you thought, then it must be what Cal says above your post…

Fred f b

Okay thank you I’ll try it when I get home from work and get back with y’all if it worked or not or if I can figure it out thanks for the help so far hopefully it’ll work

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

My guess is you don’t have the 3D enabled.

I wish I had my unit in front of me, I’d dig around and get you step by step exact instructions, but I don’t. I just can’t remember the exact sequence, but you have to go into the Settings menu, I think it’s under Advanced, and click the slider for Structure Scan 3D to on. If it’s not enabled, the unit will not display the 3D, it won’t even be an option as the “source”.

Waxy

Fred f b

Oh okay so that’s probably why I could never find 3D under Source because I just turned that 3D structure on yesterday in advanced settings but I didn’t change the source afterwards so when I get home I’ll change the source and see if that works that makes sense thank you I’ll be back on here by 6 with an answer

Fred f b

The only option I have is this unit 1 and 2 nothing about 3D

Fred f b

I’m not sure how to find it

Attachments:
    1. 1528927918192304174855.jpg

2. 15289275063101837850816.jpg

Fred f b

Now on my 3D box my transducer 1 and 2 lights are not on but my power and net one light is on I don’t understand

Attachments:
    1. 1528930280421-820917375.jpg

Fred f b

Now my 3D box power light is red I don’t know what that means I can’t find nothing on the internet to tell me what it means and man a lot of people have problems with these when they’re so expensive

CaptainMusky

Have you tried just plugging your transducer into the back of your HDS? I realize it wouldn’t have the 3D feature, but at least it should tell you if your transducer is faulty. It should work that way.
    Unlike the original Structure Scan models, the “touch” units do not require the LSS module for structure scan. Only the 3D does. I am suggesting just plugging in the transducer into the head unit to rule out a faulty transducer.

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

Have you tried just plugging your transducer into the back of your HDS? I realize it wouldn’t have the 3D feature, but at least it should tell you if your transducer is faulty. It should work that way.
    Unlike the original Structure Scan models, the “touch” units do not require the LSS module for structure scan. Only the 3D does. I am suggesting just plugging in the transducer into the head unit to rule out a faulty transducer.

This will not work with the 3D. The transducer system is completely different and requires the box.

Have you made sure you enabled the 3D in the menus?

MENU>System>Advanced>Features and turn ON Structure 3D

Fred f b

Yes I have turned on 3D in the advanced features and I cannot change my source from ((this unit)) it gives me no other option and you can’t plug the transducer straight into the head unit has to go into the 3D box it’s a structure scan transducer but now my power light on my 3D box is red my network Ethernet cable is flashing and my transducer one and two lights will not come on SO something else is happening there.its a brand new system as you know it’s a lot of money for it not to work right

Fred f b

Does anyone know why the red light would be on and would it make a difference if I wired my head unit power and the 3D box power together cuz it’s like the head unit is not picking up my structure scan box and when the lights were on on the 3D box they were flashing green all of them my transducer lights and the network lights but my power light was solid and I thought all the lights should be solid but not sure but now power light is red other lights won’t come on

CaptainMusky

Here is a long shot, but I know when I had some initial issues with setting up my NMEA network when I did the Autopilot upgrade, I had to disconnect the NMEA so it was removed from power, yes, even if it was on a switched power source. Turned on the head unit, waited 10 seconds and then reconnected the NMEA to power source (just reconnect) and then my issues were resolved.
    Red light to me certainly doesn’t translate to a positive status in my book. Sorry about the misinformation about testing the transducer. I thought the 3D and StructureScan transducers were the same, the brains in the box just translated the information differently and presented the 3D view.

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

Does anyone know why the red light would be on and would it make a difference if I wired my head unit power and the 3D box power together cuz it’s like the head unit is not picking up my structure scan box and when the lights were on on the 3D box they were flashing green all of them my transducer lights and the network lights but my power light was solid and I thought all the lights should be solid but not sure but now power light is red other lights won’t come on

When you wired the 3D box together with the head unit, did you connect the yellow wires on the positive leads? If there’s no power or signal to the yellow wire on the 3D box, it won’t activate.

Waxy

Fred f b

Yellow and res run to + fuse box black goes to –

Steve King

What do you mean you can’t get a response from Lowrance?
    Call Lowrance – their telephone support is very, very good!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

What do you mean you can’t get a response from Lowrance?
    Call Lowrance – their telephone support is very, very good!

YES! I had a problem with my Point One antenna. I called at 8 am and was troubleshot and fixed quickly.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.