Lowrance Elite 7 Ice Fishing Setup

• busse3775
    Fargo, ND

I have a Lowrance Elite 7 that I use in my boat during the summer and also strictly for a GPS during the winter months. I see more and more guys using there summer units as there graph for in the winter time instead of using the traditional Vexilar. I’m thinking about doing this with my Elite 7 and am looking into buying a Genz Pack and the ice transducer off of the Lowrance website. Part I need help on is mounting the unit and powering it. Anyone have any advice or pictures they would like to share??

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Yikes, stuff starts adding up with box, ducer, power cable, and mount. Lowrance pack is really nice, but doesn’t have bracket, but then Gander has elite 5hdi for $169 still after rebates whistling

Ryan P
    Farmington

I used the Ice pack from Lowrance which was really easy to set up for my Elite 5 HDI…not an option for the Elite 7 though. I guess I would think you would just need another power cable, a vex battery and charger, the mount and the transducer…shouldn’t be too tough to throw together. Then you just need to set up the Elite 7 to work with that transducer. There are some vids on youtube that should help out with that. Also I thought I saw a video on youtube where someone modified the Lowrance kit to work with an Elite 7.

Fishwater83

I just took the mount off my boat and left the wires, not sure if you are able to do that but 4 screws for my bird. Got my xi 9 20 ducer and power cord on Walmart.com for $90 total. Got a genz box for $20. I love using mine for both seasons.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0109.jpg

2. IMG_0302.jpg

busse3775
    Fargo, ND

Thanks for the help fellas. I just planned on buying the Lowrance transducer and power cable, the $20 Genz pack, and a battery. Not sure how I am going to modify the power cable to hook up to the 12v battery. I will check out some Youtube videos.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

What do you mean modify the power cable?
    I left mine long and ziptied it compact, never know if ya may need a longer again.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Here’s my hds7 on the genz pack. I bought some cheap automotive connectors on amazon. They are waterproof and essentially made for the application. I even put a connector on the charger so it can be easily connected.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3348.jpg

2. IMG_3346.jpg

busse3775
    Fargo, ND

What do you mean modify the power cable?
    I left mine long and ziptied it compact, never know if ya may need a longer again.

Don’t you have to modify the Lowrance power cable so it can hook up to the 12v battery? Or does Lowrance make a cable already like this? I see @biggill had to modify his so it would hook up to the battery.

busse3775
    Fargo, ND

Here’s my hds7 on the genz pack. I bought some cheap automotive connectors on amazon. They are waterproof and essentially made for the application. I even put a connector on the charger so it can be easily connected.

Let me know if you have any questions.

That is exactly what I am trying to figure out how to do! Where did you find your power cable from @biggill?

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Busse
    Any Blue connector Lowrance power cord will work for you (I beleive this is the Part# Lowrance 000-0127-49)
    This power cord will have 2 runs of wire
    1 with the red, black, & Yellow. This is the one you’ll be using.
    1 with I beleive Blue, orange green & Yellow wires. You will not need that run of wires and can cut them off closer to blue end if you’r prefer. Those wires are for date which you won’t be using

You will just need to connect the Red to Positive and the Black to Negative.
    Again the Yellow wire in this case won’t be needed unless you’re connecting to a switch.

Be sure to install the in line fuse on the Red Wire.
    The small blue ends can be purchased at almost any hardware or electronis store
    and just need to fit battery connectors.

For the Lowrance power cable, any place that sells Lowrance or Amazon, or ebay should work.
    Hope this info helps

busse3775
    Fargo, ND

Busse
    Any Blue connector Lowrance power cord will work for you (I beleive this is the Part# Lowrance 000-0127-49)
    This power cord will have 2 runs of wire
    1 with the red, black, & Yellow. This is the one you’ll be using.
    1 with I beleive Blue, orange green & Yellow wires. You will not need that run of wires and can cut them off closer to blue end if you’r prefer. Those wires are for date which you won’t be using

You will just need to connect the Red to Positive and the Black to Negative.
    Again the Yellow wire in this case won’t be needed unless you’re connecting to a switch.

Be sure to install the in line fuse on the Red Wire.
    The small blue ends can be purchased at almost any hardware or electronis store
    and just need to fit battery connectors.

For the Lowrance power cable, any place that sells Lowrance or Amazon, or ebay should work.
    Hope this info helps

That is very helpful, thank you!

Tate Button

Mounted my Hook 7 to a pro pack. Works well.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1732.jpg

2. IMG_1709.jpg

3. IMG_1708.jpg

4. IMG_1707.jpg

copete44
    Farmington, MN

I am using this same setup with my Hook 5 and love it. If you go into the settings (by fish ID) there is a flasher option, this will give you the traditional flasher mode side by side with the regular graph. I pull up the maps as I drive out onto the lake, find my spot and switch over to the graph. Works great.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.