Lowrance 3D ….is it worth it?

• RedRanger

Is the 3D option worth the extra cost?I plan on getting structure scan (sidescan)
    I am buying a carbon 9 and networking with a HDS5 gen2
    I fish lakes in Minnesota
    Millelacs, mostly
    thanks

Crappy Fisherman

Check out the new update for the FishReveal for down scan before you spend all that money. Pretty impressive.

RedRanger

Thats part or the structurescan
    Software. 3 d is another option

hottoddytipup
    Crystal

If money is not an issues go for it. It is really cool, but I think a little unnecessary.

DonG

I couldn’t see spending more, the Structurescan is awesome enough.

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

Whether or not it’s “worth it” is really up to each person to decide, it’s a lot of $$$. There are big advantages to the SS 3D transducer though.

The biggest advantage of the 3D SS is MUCH clearer SI and far greater SI range. If you’re an SI guy, when you combine that with the new high definition SI updates for the HDS Carbon, you’ve got an amazing SI system that rivals or beats the Humminbird Mega.

The 3D image display majorly improved with the new update for the Carbon units as well. It’s far smoother (not so “Minecraft” as the original), and has much better definition and contrast. I’m really looking forward to using it, as I was really starting to get the hang of it last fall.

The standard LSS2 SI is pretty good too, so if it’s not in the budget, you’ve still got a very good DI/SI system.

Waxy

RedRanger

Bought a carbon 9 3D $300 more than structurescan….
    and 2 more years additional warranty for free…

thought that that type of technology is where they are headed…
    can always turn it off……My understanding is it is a slightly better transducer than the 2D one…

I’d be kicking my butt I coulda, shoulda bought the 3D etc…..so sprung for it
    Thanks
    Greg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.