LOTW ice fishing

• grizzly
    nebraska

What is everyone’s go to jig and size up here for ice fishing. And color? I usually use 1 dead stick but haven’t done much ice fishing so the jigging is new to me

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I like gold or glow red for most of the baits. I think I am up to 15 “go to” lures in one of those colors. I have a handful of others I like to also use.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I like gold or glow red. I think I am up to 15 “go to” lures in one of those colors.

X2 also had really, really good luck on a red and gold lindy rattlyn flyer. Medium size I would say

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Red, Gold, Orange buckshots…Red and gold rattlyn flyers…a occasional tingler spoon or slender spoon…and the most overlooked yet effective lure in ice fishing – a bare hook.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

In addition to those mentioned above, I usually have one of these handy.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-1.png

AK Guy

In addition to those mentioned above, I usually have one of these handy.

X2

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I own a few slender spoons, have yet to catch a fish on one. They seem to light to feel anything.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I own a few slender spoons, have yet to catch a fish on one. They seem to light to feel anything.

I’ve had my most luck with them on bright days early ice where light is still penetrating and they are providing a lot of flash. They don’t come out of the box much once wheelhouses and vehicles are everywhere with thick ice and snow cover.

Tank perch will hammer them on the river late ice too on the last little bits of walkable ice.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Good to know. Thanks Bucky, I will have to give them another shot in the right conditions.

grizzly
    nebraska

And what for bait? Hole shinner or half ? Or live shinner? Or just the head

grizzly
    nebraska

Looks like another trip to Scheels. Thanks guys

Ripjiggen

I once had a bomber driver tell me he uses 3 colors on LOW. Gold Gold and Gold. I proceeded to use every color but that on that trip. Well just cuz.

grizzly
    nebraska

I once had a bomber driver tell me he uses 3 colors on LOW. Gold Gold and Gold. I proceeded to use every color but that on that trip. Well just cuz.

. And did you catch fish

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I prefer minnow heads, most of the guys out there are using fatheads because there cheap and it’s LOTW. One year we brought up shinners and used those and did a lot better than the other rentals according to the guy checking in on us.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Tough to beat a red buckshot, on LOW or anywhere really. Usually have some chubby darters and gold flyer spoons and buckshots as backups, but almost always end up back where I started w/ a red buckshot.

Bob Spitz
    Osage Iowa

BigWerm is dead on, I’ve fished LOTW mostly out of Sunset on Oak Island and red glow buckshot is money. Buy several different sizes and 3 of each so you can sell them to the other guys who are getting their butts spanked by you for a premium price!

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

. And did you catch fish

Yes I did. Most of the go to lures have been mentioned.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.