Lose something

• eyeguy507
    SE MN

Nick you found my 2020 Mille lacs edition wheelhouse! I was wondering why I was getting such good gas mileage. Let me know where you are at and I will stop up!

B-man

Being so secretive about an object will get you nowhere. People lose things everyday. Unless it’s an IDO branded item there is a very small chance the person who lost it is actually a visitor here.

Even just giving a small description would help a ton. For instance, if you found a tacklebox, say “Found tacklebox on 169, describe it and a few contents to get returned”. Easy peasy.

That way anyone who knows someone that lost a tacklebox on 169 in the last month could get ahold of you.

Right now you have thrown a bag of feathers in the air and hoping the right feather makes it to the right person.

Good luck.

Exactly

He said he found something valuable “in something.”

If it’s at all distinguishable he’s safe to say what it is to help the owner find it.

Let’s say it was a Livescope Ice Bundle, but it was in a grey Husky tool box with a broken latch. Then he’d be safe to announce that he found someone’s Livescope on the highway, just describe what it was in and the route you lost it on. Not hard at all to add the object, yet super easy to weed out any lowlifes hoping for a free lunch.

Until then, I’m hoping my blade bait turns up )

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

It might help if you are not so vague. Now I know that you found someone’s property. Maybe the next step would be to give a rough location. Ido covers a wide area.

Maybe Nick thinks that the internet only extends to the end of his driveway? There are a LOT of posters on IDO who think this is a Minnesota-only site.

HRG

Ethan Poltrack
    Hudson valley New York

lol. yeah Id say the first thing is my mind.

Fishing license fell out of the bag by the rear of the truck once and while I was fishing DEC stopped by and I didn’t have it on me. Thought I did but got a lecture for that and on the way back his truck we saw the license on the ground.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

Isn’t it customary to drop a found item at local law enforcement?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

couldn’t resist sorry

Attachments:
    1. safe_image.jpg

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I commend you Nick for trying to get whatever you found back to its owner! There are definitely people out there that would just keep whatever you found. So thank you for that.

But like others have said if you don’t give some more information you’re probably not going to find the owner. If whoever comes forth and tries to get whatever you found. Make sure they described it perfectly, if they can’t then it’s not theirs.

I think you could give away a lot more information without someone being able to claim it. That’s just me. You do what you want.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Contact the local law enforcement to where you found it and give them your name and just enough information as to what it is. They can steer you in the proper direction, right @deertracker

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Nick, where can I meet you to pick up my prosthetic leg? Must have left it on the roof when I was hopping in the truck..You do have my leg, right???

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Nick, where can I meet you to pick up my prosthetic leg? Must have left it on the roof when I was hopping in the truck..You do have my leg, right???

LOL!!! I thought it looked like you were walking funny.

munchy
    NULL

He did say he’d be sick if he lost what he found…

So it’s gotta be either a mask or vaxxxine!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

My guess is he really doesn’t want to find the owner of the item. But wants to make himself feel better about keeping it. ” well I tried to find the Owner but had no luck ”
    Its crazy the # of valuable items that are found on the roadside. My cousin who does of Ton of Biking has found some crazy things while riding.

Nick

My guess is he really doesn’t want to find the owner of the item. But wants to make himself feel better about keeping it. ” well I tried to find the Owner but had no luck ”
    Its crazy the # of valuable items that are found on the roadside. My cousin who does of Ton of Biking has found some crazy things while riding.

This is not the first thing I have found you flowering piece of poop and I have given everything I found back to owners!! I never give details of what I found because to many say o it’s mine. It to damn bad when someone tries to help and you flowering pricks bash on them for trying to let help. If you lose something you know what it was. I bet most you all saying bullshit leave your flowering beer cans on the lake and your poop bags too!!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>

This is not the first thing I have found you flowering piece of poop and I have given everything I found back to owners!! I never give details of what I found because to many say o it’s mine. It to damn bad when someone tries to help and you flowering pricks bash on them for trying to let help. If you lose something you know what it was. I bet most you all saying bullshit leave your flowering beer cans on the lake and your poop bags too!!

Hows that working for you. Instead of taking advice you get insulted. Maybe it’s you who lost all your marbles.

bigpike

Poor nick. He needs a hug!

Adam Steffes

Is it a 20” box fan? I have one I drag all over the country with me. It makes a bit of noise but otherwise good to go.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Nick, Tell us where you found Said item with in a 2 mile radius or mile marker/city. Also include if the item is a flasher, bag of rods or money in a marked bag. Then if someone can describe the flasher brand and model and something no one else could have known about said item then you can give it back. Stop being so secretive. Do you work in the Area 51?

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Nick , we all appreciate what your attempting to do, and hope that we would be so lucky to have someone try to return our lost item. You need to realize that this site is for entertainment as well as information on outdoor activities. Lots of the guys here having some fun with you are frequent posters of valuable information and pretty good entertainment too. Maybe lighten up a tad and give us another clue. By the way I’m still looking for my garman live scope ?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Nick, the only thing worse then being wrong is being bullheaded about it.

Enjoy yourself.

CaptainMusky

Nick, the only thing worse then being wrong is being bullheaded about it.

Enjoy yourself.

List of things someone could lose and be absolutely sick about (not limited to):
    Wedding ring, expensive pair prescription sunglasses, super rare trading cards, quality tools, expensive fishing equipment, a firearm yada yada yada.
    The fact that no pertinent information relating to what was found/lost when someone may not even know they have lost it yet because it was lost when traveling makes zero sense.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

You can add in cowl for motor, Talon, spare tire, anything that blows out of the boat. Rods, reels the list is never ending.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

About 5 years ago I found an Ice 55 on the access to East Rush Lake. My BIL called a county deputy he knew that took some info but wasn’t to concerned about it. I posted messages on 2 fishing sites. One was MN oriented and one was midwest oriented. I told them it was a flasher, what lake it was on and the date I found it. I was pleasantly surprised to only get 3 messages about it. 2 from friends of the owner that gave me his name but some outdated contact info. The owner called me almost 3 weeks after I found it because a friend that had seen my post had told him about it. He knew it was an Ice 55, the exact spot I found it and the brand of battery that was in it so I’m sure I got it back to the right guy. If I hadn’t given out the info I did I doubt we ever would have connected.

Jim Clark
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Take said item to your local police department…Not everybody locally is a member of this site, and if this item was yours, and “you’d be sick about it”, wouldn’t you be checking at your local police department to see if someone found it and turned it in to them…? “Stop playing the game, do the right thing and turn it in…”

buschman
    Pool 2

Nick, I am going to agree with the other guys here.. I have found items at the local boat launch where I am at, posted it here and to be honest I did not get blasted with people saying it was theirs. One was a tackle box and the other was a pair of rods. I stated what it was and just asked that they list some items from the box and specifics on the rod/reels. The rods were never claimed so I gave them to the neighbor kids. Not one person replied back to me that those rods were theirs. I trust people enough to believe they are not out to claim other peoples items I guess.. Not worth getting upset about. Most here above are actually trying to help ya know….

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

Nick, two winters ago I lost a propane tank in Vilas county WI. Did you find it.

Deuces

My guess is he really doesn’t want to find the owner of the item. But wants to make himself feel better about keeping it.

This comment is not needed.

Nick, first of all great first name waytogo toast

Second, you just happened to post during the time of year all the iceheads are having withdrawals from staring at their lil round screens all day, and many open water dudes still have their boats hiding in storage somewhere. Fuses are short, and butthurt comes easily. Entertainment can come from even the simplest of topics.

Good on you posting about it, worth a shot.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

My guess is he really doesn’t want to find the owner of the item. But wants to make himself feel better about keeping it.

Second, you just happened to post during the time of year all the iceheads are having withdrawals from staring at their lil round screens all day, and many open water dudes still have their boats hiding in storage somewhere. Fuses are short, and butthurt comes easily. Entertainment can come from even the simplest of topics.

True, except he didn’t post anything of value.

Deuces

True, except he didn’t post anything of value

Same could be said of some your sport threads doah hah

His good intentions were quite obvious. Some may not be keyboard masters like others.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Well Nick, he has had his opportunities to correct that and still hasn’t. Intentions only get you so far in life. Hell, I intended to be a millionaire but fell very, very short of making it.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Don’t think many were butthurt or short fused. Most stated a item they lost like nick had asked, or they told him a better way to post it and he was short fused.
    Wasn’t sure if we read the same thread or not there.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.