Looking for some advice, please!

• JAnderson

Father and I are heading up to VNP for MEA weekend(oct 19-22). We are very familiar with most of the VNP in mid-June and August but haven’t been up at all in October. We will be camping. We normally like to stay up by the depth finder island or somewhere around there as a preference in June. I don’t want to head all the way up there if the fish won’t be there that time of the year. We prefer to put in on crane as we spent a week on kab this summer already. Any thoughts on where we may want to have camp that time of year to be generally close to the walleyes? We will be willing to search for fish as much as required but hoping to save on some gas if our base camp is closer to the fish!

Thanks I’m advance.

Attachments:
    1. 48068D00-D240-4768-A467-BC48B63D722E.jpeg

Don Miller
    Onamia

Tent camping in October? Your a better man than I. I would not do it unless I had a favorable 5 day weather forecast.

JAnderson

Yes. Tent camping. We do lots of tent camping for 3 of the 4 seasons.

Only way we would cancel if it was going to rain everyday. Camp every year for deer hunting as well. Lately mid-Oct has been beautiful weather.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I can’t help if you are on Crane. Have fun and stay safe.

kabkid

Well, not sure how much help I am here. I come out of Kab, but that time of year I fish a ton of time in Namakan. What I tend to look for or 25-35 foot holes. Current is a good thing as the water temps tend to be changing. Jib and minnow bite for the walleyes, but I know the big pike start to get very aggressive along the shorelines of points (even some higher rock markers). Not sure how far you want to go from Crane but Hammer Bay has some great sites! If you based from there you can fish some of the current out near the channel near Blind Pig, Some reefs south of Pike, even onto the current and channels we fish as you get closer to Junction Bay or north toward Kettle Falls (maybe 15 mile run). Not sure if this helped at all, but love to talk fishing and the area!

Enjoy
    “Kab Kid”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.