Looking for info on Lake Havasu in January

• Dennis Williams
    Apple Valley, MN

Heading to Lake Havasu with the boat for the month of January. I know they have bass and red eared sunfish. There is not much info on the internet. Any IDO folks been there in January? Thanks.

MnPat1

Look up Lindners fishing edge tv show from havasu. They did a smallmouth show down there using hair jigs.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Most people fish there as an excuse to spend more time on the water, there is a fair amount of eye candy on that lake.

tornadochaser

Only info I have on Havasu is that some of the girls gone wild videos were filmed there back in the day. waytogo

Dennis Williams
    Apple Valley, MN

Thanks for the info. You can always count on IDO folks for the latest fishing updates. I will keep my sunglasses on. grin

Only info I have on Havasu is that some of the girls gone wild videos were filmed there back in the day. waytogo

Onestout – Most people fish there as an excuse to spend more time on the water, there is a fair amount of eye candy on that lake.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I have a friend that lives there but he doesn’t fish. I may try and get down there this spring with the family but not planning any fishing, let us know how you do. Good luck.

MNdrifter

My folks winter there. Dad fishes a little bit. He brought his pro V down there. Catches some white bass, catfish, and a few of those sunfish. But has yet to get one of those really big ones Havasu is known for. I went down there a couple winters ago, we caught a few fish. Should go back maybe next winter my family will go down to visit.

Attachments:
    1. 9C0E157E-51A5-4DD9-A16D-4889BF0D6FC7.jpeg

2. 753EBBEB-F89B-4674-A7A6-837451D4BCC4.jpeg

3. 6938329C-A3A3-49EE-AE48-A41B4D16C3FF.jpeg

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Winter is a tough road to hoe there as the water temps make the stripers pretty lethargic. Things really don’t start picking up until late April to early May when the water temps start picking back up.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

drifter……….where is the eyecandy pictures!!!!!! devil smirk doah rotflol

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Didn’t you see the first pic?! jester

MNdrifter

I kept my eye on my own bobber. The one who must be obeyed was with. They were there though, California girls. Slightly covered up though since it was February.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Heading to Lake Havasu with the boat for the month of January. I know they have bass and red eared sunfish. There is not much info on the internet. Any IDO folks been there in January? Thanks.

Check with Authorities as some Lakes/Reservoirs in that area/Arizona-California have AIS Restrictions, Watercraft Quarantine’s, Inspection and Decontamination requirements.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Invasive Species

Watercraft Rules & Regulations

https://www.fws.gov/refuge/Havasu/visit/rules_and_regulations.html

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.