Looking for a long noodle type rod for deadsticking

• ironmike1

I like to have a deadstick out while I’m hole hopping with a long rod. It works best if the deadstick rod is super limp so I can see the bite from 20 yards away and then the fish feel less resistance. I would like a 48″ rod, or something close with a reel seat. Noodle like, but moost noodles only have a limp tip. I’d like it that limber all the way down. Any suggestions?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’d go with the JT snare Rod. They offer both a panfish and Walleye model. Check out this video :

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Get a UL 5ft 6 glass open water blank and cut the Butt down to 48″ you will end up with what your looking for. The snare rods load up to back bone 3/4 to 1/2 way down. The UL will bend almost to the handle.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Where are you located? The Oakdale Fleet Farm has the rod you just described in 42 inch length. (3-4 on the shelf) Sub $50 price tag IIRC.

-J.

B-man

Beaver Dam makes some super affordable glass noodle rods.

They do everything the high end rods do for a fraction of the price.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

This sounds like you want the Blue Ice 48” rod they sold for $10. No backbone at all and flexes all the way through the handle. Where are you located? I might have one you can have.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Beaver Dam makes some super affordable glass noodle rods.

They do everything the high end rods do for a fraction of the price.

This is the route I’d go. The rods are pretty solid. I don’t think it flexes to the handle but I wouldn’t ever want that any ways. It does flex alot and gives lots of play.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Rodwork has the right idea.Get the light action not the UL.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

The JT Panfish Snare is a great rod for sure

ironmike1

Rod work

I’m in eastern Wisconsin.

The 48″ blue ice sounds great. The snare looks great but 120$ is a bit high for me.

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

This sounds like you want the Blue Ice 48” rod they sold for $10. No backbone at all and flexes all the way through the handle. Where are you located? I might have one you can have.

I have one of the 48 inchers with an okuma baitfeeder reel and I was going to suggest this to you. It works great outside and in my Outgreak 650XD. I was looking online but could not find any for sale I hope they still make them. I saw a link for the 36 inch… that would probably work as well.

onepine
    Elk River

Basskhang has a 48″ super Noodle blank if you want to build your own or have one built.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I feel the BK 48” super noodle has more back bone than what the OP is looking for. I think he is looking for more of a parabolic action.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.