My account

Click on "logout".

MNdrifter

It’s kinda like Hotel California here.

“You can check out anytime you’d
    Like, but you can never leave”. 😂

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i never log out. but sometimes they do it for me, then i just log back in!!!!!

CaptainMusky

The question is why would you want to log out?

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Dave,

I am getting logged out every night for the last week. This is on all devices, work PC, home Galaxy table and Iphone.

I always log in selecting the “Remember Me” option.

Hope this can be fixed.

Thanks!

-J.

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

I just checked the ido specific remember me cookie and it is being set with an expiration of 1 year. If you manually logout then that cookie will be removed. Otherwise you will be automatically authenticated if your wordpress specific cookies expire. I believe wordpress has a max of 2 weeks.

I haven’t experienced this issue myself. I’ll do some testing over the weekend to make sure it is working as expected.

Wordpress will store multiple sessions under a user’s account for each device they are logged in with. It is possible to logout all sessions but that takes manual action to do so. I am not aware of anything set up to do this automatically. We’ve had the social login plugin installed on the site since Monday, I believe. Is this when the issue started?

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Started Monday. I’ll give the Manual log out/log in option a try.

Thanks!

-J.

gary d
    cordova,il

Thanks all.!!! :grin:

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I’m still logged in this morning so I think that fixed the issue!

-J.

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

That’s good to hear. Also, the custom remember me cookie we use to extend the site past the standard wordpress remember me expiration is only good for one device at a time. If you login with your computer with remember me and then login with your phone with it as well then the computer’s custom cookie would no longer be valid. Then the standard wordpress expiration takes over.

I am working on allowing for multiple device support today along with other stuff. )

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I only get logged out when I do my cleaning and dusting of the digital garbage in my computer. I know I can choose to keep passwords in place but, I prefer to clean it all out!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.