Listing waypoints with Xi5 gateway to Lowrance units

• socoeyechaser
    Colorado

I was able to fish with a friend this weekend who has this setup. I’m considering a change from MK to MG to gain this feature but I’m concerned about two things. One is regarding transducer interference discussed in other posts. The second is with respect to bringing up waypoints. My friend’s system is brand new. We created several waypoints – 001 to 009 scattered in different places on the lake. When going to Autopilot through his HDS unit and then all the way to “Anchor at waypoint” feature, all waypoints were listed in numerical order, not closest to our position. I searched all over the HDS unit to see if this sort order can be changed anywhere and could not locate anywhere. This could be a big problem if we have 100s of waypoints to sort through if this feature cannot be changed. Has anyone run into this and know of a resolution? Thanks!

CaptainMusky

The interference issue is caused most likely by improper install. I have used mine for 2 full seasons and I do not have ANY interference whatsoever. Make sure your graph units and your trolling motor are not using the same batteries. That is usually what causes it.
    Regarding the anchor at waypoint sorting, I do not believe there is another way to sort them, but if you have your autopilot features displayed on the screen, zoom out so you can see the waypoint to want to navigate and anchor at and move the cursor to it and hit enter it should bring up a display to do autopilot features.
    You didn’t say if you have Touch or Gen 2 units, but on a touch unit, you just touch the icon of the waypoint and then tell the autopilot what you want to do, “anchor at waypoint”. Pretty dang easy.

socoeyechaser
    Colorado

Thank you CaptainMusky! These were G3 touch screens and I did not try that but will when I have the chance.

socoeyechaser
    Colorado

Thank you CM! I didn’t go far enough with the steps after touching a waypoint and then hitting “go to” and then there is an additional step asking “do you want to engage auto pilot?” choice. Worked great with the demo setup at Cabelas last night.

CaptainMusky

SAWEET!! You will really love the integration between the two!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.