Weekend action….

• Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

was bad, good, and in between. I hit a couple different lakes on Saturday and found fish to be very negative all day with the exception of first light and last light of the day. On Sunday I ventured North to Czechland lake. I had never been there before but had heard a good bite was taking place. We struggled to find a walleye or even a crappie that would cooperate. In our searching we did however find a scool of channel cats that kept us busy for an hour or 2. Even managed to get a couple good sized cats in that really put the drag on your reels to the test.

Around lunch we ventured to yet another lake in search of something more consistant. We did catch a few crappie but had to leave before the prime time dusk bite.

Let’s all hope we dodge the big snow storm that might be coming our way this week. I’d like to see ice conditions improve not get blanketed with a foot of snow. Besides, I’m suppose to head to Minnesota on Wed. night for Christmas and ice fishing. I really don’t want to miss out on this trip!

Ron Johnsen
    Platteville wi

Thanks for the report

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

She’s a perty one Ben!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Very nice! I have yet to get a kitty thru the ice, but I bet it’s gotta be a good time. Be safe on your trip!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.