Leech L. Perch Update

• Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

I got in a few more productive hours of Leech Lake Perch scouting today. The bite is sporadic but the average size is fantastic. A gold flutter spoon and a dead-stick minnow combo have been equally productive for fish in 10+ f.o.w. The mid depth flats are still holding the majority of bigger fish but the shallow bite should continue to improve. The shallows are starting to produce more and more but we are still doing a lot of sorting there. In less than 8 f.o.w. I like to ditch the sonar and sight fish, playing keep-away from the smaller fish until Mr.Big cruises in to brunch. I’m sure most kids would prefer this to video games if they were properly exposed to it.

Attachments:
    1. 3-6-15perch.jpg

2. DSC00313.jpg

lundojam

Nice work, Phil. Does that bite go right up until the ice gets rotten?

WarEagle

We found some good ones as well this last week! Had one go 14.25″

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

14.25″ is a monster for Leech, congrats!

lundojam, yes the bite should get better right until ice out.

WarEagle

Thats what my buddy said as well. He fishes it frequently and has a perm. shack up there that he rents out. Was lucky enough to get to go when a couple clients cancelled out!

That’s a big Perch for out here. I had some guys come back with some nice fish out of the main lake basin, and I was out and found some right outside of the resort. The bite will only get better shallow, I can’t wait to get back into Miller this afternoon. I had a guest come back with a nice bucket full. The bite will go until the ice is out down here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.