Laurie River Lodge – fly-in fishing video

• Tony Capecchi

What to do while stuck inside with 8 inches of snow and a forecasted HIGH temperature of minus 4 degrees for the next 3 days? Watch fishing videos and research/dream about fishing vacations, of course.

Came across this video and thought I’d share it. Never been to this Laurie River Lodge but it looks like a dream fly-in fishing lodge.

http://huntfishmanitoba.ca/blog/2019/01/16/fly-fishing-paradise-laurie-river-lodge-manitoba

Always fun to daydream / scheme future trips!

Cheers,
    Tony

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Do you ever research fishing in Minnesota? You should, there is great fishing right here and you don’t need a passport. Each to his own though. I’d rather fish than drive 10hrs.

Tony Capecchi

Ha, good call on MN. For some reason whenever I fish in MN by my house it is basically 100% fishing for sunnies at this tiny lake by my house with my son. Letting him “drive” the boat (he’s 4), having him play with a sunny in the bucket for a while, etc.

Then my “real” fishing is usually when I go to Canada. It’s kind of weird – not that I have little kids, I hardly ever “serious” fish in my own state, always just fun outings for Joe… which is awesome in its own right but not real fishing or trying new lakes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.