Landing Nets

• eiger0304

Looking for a good landing net. Is the ego S2 worth it.

mojogunter

I hated the one I had. Sliding handle is a great idea. Really cheap lightweight neck. Foam on handle tore after a month. Holes in net were too small for trolling, but that was on me for not picking the correct bag. Not a good net for fish over 10lbs IMO. Some guys really like them. I was not a fan. Beckman are making nets again. I liked my old one right up until it sank in pool 4. I have an RS net now. Nice net. Not cheap, heavy duty well designed net.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Look at RS nets from Fresno, OH. Top quality.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have a ego s2 and have never had a issue with it. We have pulled in some big fat cats with it with no issues. The foam handle is lame like mojo said. But the slider hasn’t had any issues and either has the strength of it.
    I dont do much trolling and betting at the same time so I cant speak for that.
    The rs nets are sweet my buddy has one. But he paid double what I did.

B-man

Great net for it’s size. The handle is extremely convenient. I love it for walleyes, cohos and small/medium lake trout (fish up to 10lbs)

For bigger fish I use a heavier net with a bigger basket, but use the Ego whenever I can.

It’s very light and easy to maneuver, also stows extremely fast.

mojogunter

That is subjective, but of the nets I have used I would put RS first. It is a heavy net compared to others. I really liked my beckman but the slider could slide off if it wasn’t lined up was my only issue with that net. The slider on the RS is top notch.

Best net out currently ????????

bullcans
    Northfield MN

For the price, Stowmaster net for me.

Lightweight, strong & foldable.

Only wished they would float…. As I’ve found out 2x’s.
    But that was on me, not the net.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

RS nets are likely fantastic. The only negative I have ever heard is that they are heavy. I guess one more negative is the price. About the cost of a week of daycare. shock

For that reason I wasn’t going to try and convince the wife that I needed a net that expensive so I bought this.
    https://www.sportsmans.com/fishing/fishing-accessories/fishing-nets/ranger-products-tournament-series-nets/p/p1367175

I am extremely happy with it. I looked at these compared to the Beckmann and found these to be every bit as good with many more options at a better price. The extendable handle never sticks and is very sturdy. Best value on the market in my opinion and so far my favorite net I’ve ever owned.

Sportsman’s Warehouse in Coon Rapids has a good selection of them if you want to see them in person. They have Beckmann too.

I hate the ego nets btw. Seem very cheaply constructed and doesn’t extend far enough for my liking. Was using one in my buddies boat one time and really struggled with it. He hated it too.

Ed Lashyro
    NULL

Depending on what species your fishing and potential size of the fish King Landings are industrial and serve my needs well.

barc
    SE MN

Any input on how ‘hook-free’ the various nets mentioned are?
    I despise the amount of time it takes to untangle the treble hooks from any net I have used after they get a couple of years of use on them.
    I bought the Frabill Conservation Series a few years ago based on being ‘tangle free’ however with use it is turning into a PITA to get the cranks out of the net and back in the water.

zooks

Look at RS nets from Fresno, OH. Top quality.

If you’re willing to make the investment, IMO this is the brand to get.

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Frabill Conservation nets….especially the Crankbait net….fantastic nets

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I have a ego S2.
    It’s sitting in my boat house in two pieces.
    I didn’t like it it seemed awful flimsy.

My .02

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Any input on how ‘hook-free’ the various nets mentioned are?
    I despise the amount of time it takes to untangle the treble hooks from any net I have used after they get a couple of years of use on them.
    I bought the Frabill Conservation Series a few years ago based on being ‘tangle free’ however with use it is turning into a PITA to get the cranks out of the net and back in the water.

This is why the Ranger Tournament Series net hits the top of my list. The fully rubber nets are probably the best but they’re heavy and don’t slide through the water well.

Dave maze
    Isanti

I’ve broken 2 ego nets. They work great of you keep them clean and only bobber fish out of your pontoon. My rs is durable and reliable. Do I notice it being heavy? No. If your concerned about that you should probly work on that arm strength. If you fish a lot get an rs.

B-man

For the price, Stowmaster net for me.

Lightweight, strong & foldable.

Only wished they would float…. As I’ve found out 2x’s.
    But that was on me, not the net.

My Walleye Tournament Stowmaster is on the bottom of Lake Superior cry

My big net is a Stowmaster, it takes a huge gulp and is like 12′ long lol

Great for big salmon, lakers, sturgeon etc.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I have a ego S2.
    It’s sitting in my boat house in two pieces.
    I didn’t like it it seemed awful flimsy.

My .02

I have a broken one as well. A great idea lacking sufficient construction.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

My big net is a Stowmaster, it takes a huge gulp and is like 12′ long lol

Great for big salmon, lakers, sturgeon etc.

Best of all, it doubles as a trawler.

David Blais

R&S. I got the Kelly’s island style. I like the scoop

folke2000

RS nets are likely fantastic. The only negative I have ever heard is that they are heavy. I guess one more negative is the price. About the cost of a week of daycare. shock

For that reason I wasn’t going to try and convince the wife that I needed a net that expensive so I bought this.
    https://www.sportsmans.com/fishing/fishing-accessories/fishing-nets/ranger-products-tournament-series-nets/p/p1367175

I am extremely happy with it. I looked at these compared to the Beckmann and found these to be every bit as good with many more options at a better price. The extendable handle never sticks and is very sturdy. Best value on the market in my opinion and so far my favorite net I’ve ever owned.

Sportsman’s Warehouse in Coon Rapids has a good selection of them if you want to see them in person. They have Beckmann too.

I hate the ego nets btw. Seem very cheaply constructed and doesn’t extend far enough for my liking. Was using one in my buddies boat one time and really struggled with it. He hated it too.

X2….I really like my Ranger net. No problems, durable and affordable.
    Folke

Pauleye
    Onamia

I had a Ego slider for one week. Took it back way to flimsy. Bought a Beckman. Love it!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.