Sunday Walleye report

• John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Got out for a half day today. Fished from 7 until 1. I took a friend out who doesn’t fish much to show him a little bit of what Lake Wisconsin has to offer. The morning started out fantastic, pulling 1 or 2 fish on every pass on lead core, but then that bite died off quick after we boated 6 fish. Another boat fishing near me was pulling quite a few fish a little shallower running flat lines, so we switched up and moved shallower. We managed only two fish that way, but both were keepers, which made my friend happy as he wanted some eaters. Biggest fish of the day is the one in the photo, which was also the first of the day. The fish went 25.5 inches. Our other 5 slot fish all were between 20.5 and 22.5 inches.

I saw a 30 inch fish and 2 29 inch fish caught this morning. The area is just loaded with quality fish right now. Hopefully it lasts a little longer as it has been a ton of fun. In my last 3 trips, 23 fish have made it to the boat, and 19 have been slot fish.

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

good job mendotaeye. so amazing what a slot can do to make the fishing a hole lot better.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

mendotaeye Good to see you on the water today. One of these days we’ll need to be in the same boat. When that wind changed directions, those fish just scattered. Also during that last pass I made, every fish was bellied down on the bottom. Sure woud be nice for this weather to become more stabil for a while. I ended up catching 3. Two nice eyes of which I only measured the largest one. Just over 30″
    I think the last one was a saugeye. about 22″ and had the markings of a saugy with the white tip tail until you turned it in the sun…then it looked more walleye. Quick release and I was on my way.

I spent the last couple hours chasing crappies. Took 11 home for a meal.

With all the excitement with the dog , my daughter forgot to leave the camera for me. Was kind of bummed that I didn’t get any pics. But my heart really wasn’t into fishing today. Vet left a message that her blood is still not quadulating (sp?) so they will need to keep her for at least another day if not two.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Good to see you too Randy. You should have thrown that fish in the well and given me a call. If I was still out I would have come over for a photo. Would have made a nice photo. I spend quite a few days on the water by myself, so you are welcome to join me. We’ll have to set something up. I used to fish with whiskerkev a lot, but he makes too many wise cracks so I had to kick him out of my boat. You can have his seat.

Sorry your dog hasn’t bounced back yet. I hope things turn around for it.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I hear whiskerkev has a reputation I don’t know if I would live up to

Didn’t even think about dropping her into the live well

Whiskerkev
    Madison

We’ll see about that reputation this afternoon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.