Lake Wisconsin Fishing Report for 5-27-07

• Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Sunday, May 27th

Tony Radcliffe and Tony & Tom Gonzales jumped in the boat today to try out their luck fishing for walleyes and saugers on Lake Wisconsin. Tony and I work together so he’s heard a few stories about how good the fishing can be.

The weather was beautiful today. Sunny with no clouds at all. Well that may be fine and dandy for every recreational boater that made the trip to the lake, but for me, I would have rather had some clouds to go along with the strong southerly breeze. Thank god for that wind, otherwise I think we might have started to overheat a bit out there.

These kids sure knew how to beat the heat. A rope hung high in a large tree proved to be to much for them to resist. If I were only 20 years younger, I might have joined them.

All things considered, with the bluebird skies and all, the fishing really wasn’t all that bad today. The guys didn’t catch a lot of keeper size fish but they did have fairly steady action through out the whole day.

Slowing trolling crawler rigs was the hot tactic again today and the guys pulled in 18 walleyes and 4 saugers plus several smallies, crappies and sheapshead.

Thanks for coming up and spending a day in the boat today guys. Hope you enjoyed the fillets Tony G. Hopefully, we can do it again sometime.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.