Lake Trout survey

• mitchfic
    Blaine, MN

If you could only pick from this selection of baits to fish lake trout what would you pick?

Attachments:
    1. IMG_9096.jpg

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Depends on the lake or depth. I love the airplane jig on superior. Otherwise tube jig would be my first pick.

Vexman

These are good for lake trout I like the white

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2343.png

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Depends on the lake or depth. I love the airplane jig on superior. Otherwise tube jig would be my first pick.

I like jigs like those I show in my pic over the airplane jig but the tube would also get a nod from me. 4″ white Berkley Power Tube would be my choice.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1215.jpg

Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

Any of those in white, seems like the few times I have gone for Lakers, White is right, but if I had a preference….white tube jig.

Sam Brickley
    Tip of Lake Superior

Is That a Zoom Plastic Forktail on that jig? If so thats my go to. You wont need the blade on the jig, instead attach a small rattle and Lakers will love it. They will cut down the weight of your box and you will still catch big fish on them. The Only Exception i have is lake superior. I am fortunate that i can fish it semi often and a large White and Blue Buck-tail is the best thing i have used to date. Good luck out there, Im counting down the days until the trout opener in Minnesota as we speak.

Chandler Husbye
    Michigan Upper Peninsula (Bay de Noc area)

People that fish Lake Superior through the ice say anything with white work great. Lately they say the Rapala rippin rat has been climbing there favorite lure chart. Other then that buck tail jigs work great.

mitchfic
    Blaine, MN

I’m on a mission to catch one this winter through the ice. Thanks!

tim hurley

You guys bump into whitefish or tullies on these trips? If so PM me—-thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.