Lake Tobin?

• Corey sunderman

Looking at doing a different trip next year around March. Looking at Tobin lake. I like the idea of big Pike and walleyes in one lake. Anyone been there recently past few years with any info?

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

I haven’t seen much about Tobin. I think this was filmed in December of 2016.

MNBOWHUNTIN

I looked into it as well, but not very in depth. I also looked at Last Mountain and Fort Peck. Ended up going to Fort Peck this year. While we didn’t get into great fishing or anything really big, there are big walleye, pike, and lakers in there.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Is this the Tobin lake in Saskatchewan? If so I know a friend who goes there every Fall ( Open water Fishing ) He does real well on BIG pike. Each year he averages around 20-30 fish over 40″ and has caught them as Big as 49″. They mostly target Pike but usually end up with a Few MONSTER walleye on the large pike baits as well. Sorry I’m not much help when it comes to Ice fishing there. Its a huge lake so it would make for a good challenge to ice fish.

Aaron Kalberer

Was there about 7 years ago, caught my personal best walleye that measured 31 3/4″. Lot of big walleye and pike. I can confirm fishthumpers friends claims average eye was 28″ and pike averaged high 30’s for us. It’s a great place to go for big pike and walleye if you’re into that sort of thing.

whytie
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

If your going to Tobin in March, it’s best you bring a snowmobile. We get a lot of snow and there isn’t much of a trail once your on the ice. By mid march it can be slushy, from water coming out of the ice due to the weight of the snow or the sun melting snow.
    Generally early December and January is good for walleye near the river mouth leading into the main lake. Late February and March is good for big jacks on the flats in 5-10 ft of water. Caught my personal best walleye this year 30″x19″ in January.
    Another thing to note, there is a slot size on the lake and everything is barbless.

Attachments:
    1. Tobin-2019a.jpg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.