Lake Pepin

• Alex W
    Bangor, WI

I was just wondering if people drive out on Lake Pepin in the Lake City/Frontenac area. A buddy and I are talking about meeting up out there to do a little walleye fishing and want to be sure.

ozzyky
    On water

If your fishing Frontenac just walk out most fishing is 200 yards out from landing or less. Save you from going through with your truck off that pt.

Alex W
    Bangor, WI

Is the walleye fishing worth a crap out there through the ice? I went out last year and caught some cigars, but a few guys say they can catch decent ones.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

From what i hear the fishing has been spotty, lots a people fishing though so ya never know

bradley johnson

as the ice melts in march its good fishing. mainly saugers.

starvin pilgrim

Was out yesterday afternoon. About 14″ of ice. The fish are out there and they are willing to bite. The problem is the place is one giant mud flat and you just had to be in the right place at the right time. A dead stick with a red hook and minnow caught the majority of the fish and all of the keepers. All we caught while jigging were 10″ or smaller, but we figured vibration brought them in. Did see one d#%n fool drive out in a full size truck. If you’ve got an ATV, you’ll want to use it because you have go out a good distance. Good luck.

Round House

Where do you access at? I want to go this next weekend.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.