Lake erie

• michael keehr

Anyone here taken there own boat out to lake Erie. I have a 20 foot Triton and had it out on superior for the first time this year. I registered myself in the fall brawl tournament out on Erie so I am going to be giving it a shot. Just wondering if anyone has any I might in what to expect out there.

nailswi
    Waunakee, WI

I’ve been out there in the spring in my 17′ Crestliner, you really have to pay attention to wind speed and direction. She can be flat calm one minute and the next thing you know there are 4 footers. Check out https://www.ohiogamefishing.com/forums/lake-erie-fishing-reports.11/ lots of information there with links to weather sites for wind speed, direction, wave forecasts etc. Good luck and be safe out there. I’ll also suggest a vhf radio and make sure you check out ohios regs for safety equipment needed on the great lakes.

michael keehr

Thanks for the link. I have a vhf radio, flares, whistle, emergency beacon, flags, and extra paddle. I hope to not be very far offshore. Just hoping to get real lucky. Had extra vacation time this year due to no Canada trip so I thought I would give it a shot. Sounds like about 2000 people are trying it this year. Sure would love that warrior 208.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.