Lake Edward/Brainerd Area Lakes

• Dan
    Southeast MN

I’ll be at friend-in-law’s wedding in late August north of Brainerd and we’ll be staying on Lake Edward. I’m just curious if anyone has fished that lake or any close by. Since we’re staying right on Lake Edward I’d imagine we’ll do most of our fishing there but if need be we can go elsewhere.

Anyone else gone to that area in late August? Species I’m looking for are fish that make good fish fry food and fish that put up a good fight. If they meet one or both of those criteria I’m willing to catch them.

Pauleye
    Onamia

I fished Edward pretty heavy a few years back. Walleyes can be a challenge but are catchable. Bass and Northerns are plentiful. I would putt along the weed edges with a jig and minnow. You will get your string stretched.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Heading back up to Lake Edward over Memorial Day weekend. Anyone have any experience there or other close lakes so far this season?

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Gull yesterday for about 2-3 hours.

With the crappy weather I pretty much had the lake to myself. Water temps at 52 and dropped 7 degrees from last week.

Somewhat slow and took me a while to find a productive area. Picked up one eater walleye, 24″ pike, and a perch that was probably big enough to fillet.

With the cold front I went real slow with a minnow on a lindy rig. Should pick up a little more by the time you come up. Weeds were starting to grow too.

Dan
    Southeast MN

What are you looking to catch?

Pike and walleye. Was up there last year right before Labor Day and caught a pretty good amount of northern trolling organge/yellow firetiger cranks. I’d love to get into a good pike bite again and would also love to catch some walleye. If you have any information you’d like to share Eric please let me know, or PM me.

Patk thanks for the info!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.