Ladder Tree Stand Recommendations??

• trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Want to add a ladder stand to our deer hunting area this year; will be using cross bow.

These 3 brands seem to be most advertized on the web:
    Muddy
    X-Stand
    Big Game

Recommendations for safe, comfortable, quiet stand?

Thanks
    Pete

Bird
    River Falls, WI

I only have experience with one brand and that’s Millenium. I have both the 20’ single and double and absolutely love both. Seat is rediculously comfortable. Very quiet when going up and down. I can sit all day in them. Both require at least 2 adults to put up.
    Downside is they are expensive.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I have two Sniper brand ladder stands. They are made in Lakeville. The model I have is the Solitude. Very comfortable to sit in and not overly expensive. The flip up mesh seat and back rest is primarily the reason for the comfort. The Everest is a good one too, slightly higher model. I added a custom cut piece of carpet to the platform of each one to keep it quieter and retain heat in my feet. I would advise selecting a stand that does not use the trunk of the tree as a back rest.

The Solitude

stevenoak

If you go with the less expensive China import ladder stands. Inspect them close after about 3 years. We had a broken limb buckle one. Looking it over. The powder coated out side looked great. But the inside was rusted away. Strength was extremely compromised.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Lots of options out there, I’ve got multiple brands I use and each has it’s points (mostly so many brands because I buy the majority of my gear like stands and the like on end of season sales). Most new stands all have fabric type seats strung over an open frame which are WAY more comfy than a cushion on a metal grate type. One other thing I would recommend if you are at all able is to pull the stands after season and re-hang them again the following summer/early fall. I’ve been doing this as long as I’ve had store bought stands and that 6-7 months out of the elements and under cover I think helps, I’ve got two rivers edge stands that are 14-15 years old and though not as comfortable as my newer ones they are still rock solid (I replace the straps every 5 years regardless).

Brad Dimond

If your seat is uncomfortable or needs replacement there are a number of foam replacement pads that work well. I have a Therm-A-SEAT Folding Seat Cushion from Northeast Products that attach to my day pack and carry as I move to various stands. Costs about $25, makes a big difference.

Ty Kennedy

Check out Hawk stands. Roomy and very comfy.

Whopper Stopper
    Forest Lake MN

I have tried a couple brands but now use just one, Millenium.

I have both the ladder and hang on version. I hunt dark to dark and have never had a problem with fidgeting or a sore spot.

Definitely worth the money.

WS

pass0047
    Pool4

I have 6 Millenium hang on stands and I have been impressed.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’ve been buying the Sniper XL series. Large enough to be comfortable without resorting to a double stand just to get extra room. Seat design is awesome.

If you’re going to leave stands outdoors during the off season, you need to cover the mesh seat or the the sun and rodents will eat it. I pull a jumbo trash bag down over the flipped up seat.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Grouse,
    What is the best place to buy Sniper stands?

Thanks
    Pete

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.