Lac Seul Chip

• zach stafford

What is the best chip for Lac Seul? I have a humminbird Helix 12 & 10 that i am looking to get chips for. I know good map chips for Lac Seul are few & far between, but looking to see what the best chip out there is. Thanks

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Navionics is probably all you’ll find. I used it a couple of years ago for the area around Maintoba Point. Their mapping is reasonably decent for routes and overall navigation. Lots of hazards are marked, but I’d guess there are others not marked. If you zoom in it will show 1-foot contours but they are obviously interpolated from 10-foot contours. Better than nothing though. You can see it here:
    http://webapp.navionics.com/#boating/mapOptions@10&key=ifzrHlivuP

Bass_attack

Navionics because last time I checked lake master didnt have one for lac seul. Its a bad chip doesnt show a lot of structure such as reefs and drop offs. You will be cruising along and the depth comes up like crazy to 4 ft but the map shows it is supposed to be 30. It has navigation lines and seems to show most of the nasty rock hazards the lake has. I fish the ear falls end of the lake so idk about other areas. I would think it is about the same for the whole lake. I want to here some others also.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.