Kuiu and Sitka clothing systems

• Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

Michael Best can I ask what size Kuiu Proximity you purchased. I’m 5’10” and 220 was thinking of the 2x. Thanks

Michael Best

I ordered a 2X. Haven’t gotten it yet. Tracking is showing it delivers on Thursday.
    I am 6’2 and 250 lbs.

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

Thanks Mike let us know how you like it.

Michael Best

Thanks Mike let us know how you like it.

I received the jacket on Thursday and took it out for its first sit last night.
    I would say sizing is spot on. All my jackets are 2X and this one fit as good as the others.
    It’s very soft. It has a similar feel to the Sitka stratus.
    The jacket is very light and easily compressed down to be put in my back pack I use for whitetail hunting.
    I wore a T shirt, First lite sawtooth mid layer and this jacket last night and was plenty warm. Truck read 36 when I got back to it after the sit.
    Anything colder then that I will add in a fleece 1/4 zip.
    As far as wind resistant goes. There wasn’t much for wind last night. However I did use the wife’s hair dryer and couldn’t feel any air movement in the inside.

27eyeguy

MB, in regards to that Proximity jacket. How was it into November as it got colder and windy?

Michael Best

MB, in regards to that Proximity jacket. How was it into November as it got colder and windy?

It actually did pretty good.
    The coldest I hunted in was 10 degrees with a light wind.
    The night before it was 20 degrees with a 15 to 25 mph wind.
    I never did feel the wind on me or get chilled.

I used to be a big supporter of the Sitka stratus. With the Proximity coming out I think that is a better option being more versatile.
    It is my go to jacket and pants for mid to late October through November.
    The Sitka fanatic was never even taken off the hanger this year.

It is very soft and quiet. You can’t go wrong with it that is for sure.

27eyeguy

Thanks Michael, appreciate the reply. I think I will get a Proximity set before next season, already have a bunch if Kuiu gear that I really like.

27eyeguy

Did end up purchasing the Proximity set. Got a great deal off ebay early summer, too good to pass up. Tagged out Sat morning,so not alot of time on them, but can say I love them. Wife n son took turns with jacket and now they both want one. We all noted that it’s warm, quiet, n blocked the wind, no complaints.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I just bought a Kuiu shirt this week. Merino wool and nice but not what I was expecting. I thought it would have more fluff to double as a warm outer layer and fit a little looser but it looks like it will only be useful to me as a base layer.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.