Korkers Vortex winter boots

• captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

Anyone have them? How do you like them? Interchangable snow and studded soles work well? Warm? Fit (run small or about right?} Thanks

mikek
    Brainerd-Mille Lacs

Have not had a chance to wear them! I’m sending mine back for a larger size! I wear size 10 but they were to tight for my liking. Size 11 should be here soon! I like the fact you don’t have to trip over laces anymore! Hope to have them on the ice this weekend!

mazak500
    South West Michigan

I just got a pair of the polar vortex 1200’s. I wore them hunting in 10° temps and my feet got a little chilly as I had my lightest wool socks on and I was sitting still. I fished last Saturday for 11 hours with no shanty and feet stayed really warm. They are a lot lighter than I thought they would be. The studded sole is nice. The BOA laces are a plus and I think the sizes run pretty true.

Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

Just bought them on sale at scheels a month ago for 179.00. Love them. Would recommend them to anyone. I’m a size 12 and I would say they fit perfectly. The BOA laces are awesome. I have never been able to take winter boots on and off so easily

I know this is an old post, but what are everyone’s experiences with these? I need to replace my worn bunny boots and wanted to find something more modern and just as warm. I also like the size of these as they look like you can still drive with them on

I do like the replaceable soles but for $200+ I would expect these to last 10+ years and stay warm/waterproof

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

I love mine. I have bad knees and these are very easy to put on and take off. BOA is great. I wear the studs all winter long.

Paul D
    Roseville

I am on my third? winter with them, and love them. BOA system is a life saver, putting them on and taking them off 16 times a day to go stand outside with the dog.

I did have one of the straps break, user error. Only used the spiked soles once or twice a year when ice fishing when no snow.

I wear a 10.5 shoe, so I upsized to an 11 in the Korker boot, perfect fit, and my feet have never even felt cold wearing them.

vinella

I have them and same as others have said. Easy on and off with BOA system, love the interchangeable studded and regular outsole, lightweight. I would say they fit true to size and I would rate their warmth at 7 or 8 out of 10. 1200 grams insulation so kind of middle of the road for ice fishing boots.

mrpike1973

Just got a pair 2 weeks ago love the studded soles. Got size 11. wear 10.5 slightly snug on Saturday 17 below zero in the portable fish house after 2 hours I put in toe warmers stayed another 3 hours but I have bad feet I thought they were good, better than the Muck boots. I do hope they stay water proof is my only concern.

iceager01
    Redwood County/Scott County

1200’s are awesome, been wearing them for a few seasons now, I typically are a size 11 wide so I upsized to a twelve, fit nice and my feet have stayed warm after several hours in my portable in one pair of wool/propylene socks… and like others have said, easy on and off…

mazak500
    South West Michigan

Still no issues with my boots. This is the 5th year with them. Still good to go.

Mark J.
    Southeastern Wisconsin

3 years ago I picked up a set of Korkers Polar Vortex for the reasons listed below. They are not cheap but I wouldn’t trade them for anything.

1) Rated at -60° Insulated: 1200g of 3M Thinsulate insulation for the ultimate warmth during less active adventures like ice fishing and snowmobiling.
    2) No shoelaces to tie or buckles to snap. Closure System: BOA M2 lacing system for quick on/off and custom fit. You can literally put the boot on and secure it with 2 fingers in a manor of several seconds.
    3) For traction Versatile: OmniTraxreg; 3.0 Interchangeable Sole System adapts your traction to meet changing weather conditions. Includes two outsoles: SnowTrac Winter Rubber Lug and IceTrac Studded Rubber Lug with carbide studs (32 studs/pair). Which means you no longer need to worry about slipping on the ice.
    4) Waterproof: 100% waterproof construction includes waterproof/ breathable bootie, waterproof leather, webbing, and stitching to keep the foot bone dry.

Mark

Attachments:
    1. Korkers-II.jpg

2. Korkers.jpg

just got these in the mail; I’m having my doubts already for how thin the top of the boots are and how easily my feet get cold, but I’ll stick it out and report back after some uses

AK Guy

I just got a pair last week and wore them during the cold snap ice fishing. I like them a lot and there are a lot of nice features. That being said, they’re not as warm as my bunny boots, but nothing is.

broeker
    Minneapolis, MN

I recently replaced my 1990s era Sorel’s with these and have only positive things to say. The integrated (and replaceable) spike soles are awesome, and they seem to breathe really well so my feet don’t sweat from overheating. And as a non-skier who had never seen this lacing system before, I’d say it is almost deal breaker for any future winter boots I buy. Compared to my Sorel’s these go on and off like a pair of Crocs.

AK Guy

I was glad I had my Korkers on today. The overflow and slush was terrible and deep. My feet stayed warm and dry.

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Bought a pair of the Polar Vortex 1200’s a couple weeks ago. Went off the mouth of the Sioux river between Washburn and Bayfield and we had fluff snow with smooth ice underneath. Was very excited about the IceTrac soles before I went out. All I did was slip and slide. The spikes were not long enough to penetrate the ice for any grip. They were very warm. I did contact Korkers and they have been great to work with. States that the spikes on the IceTracs are shallow and also round in shape so probably not the best on glare ice or need to break through the snow pack. Recommended a different sole but of course they are out of them until fall. I think I am going to wear the regular soles and put my Yax tracks diamond grips on the bottom. Hopefully next winter…..

broeker
    Minneapolis, MN

All I did was slip and slide. The spikes were not long enough to penetrate the ice for any grip. They were very warm.

Good to know — I just got mine this year and so far haven’t been lucky enough to be on bare ice. I’ve had at least some slush/snow cover all winter and no issues but I can how see how they might not be enough for glare ice.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.