Knight and Garden Island

• fishingadam54

Possibly coming up in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone has been fishing out by the islands lately? Does anyone have a road plowed out to there from the South shore or just tracked vehicals?

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Do they ever plow roads that far? I would doubt it.

I could be wrong, but likely just tracked vehicles.

Justin riegel

Last year we fished there via adrians road, but we go in mid march

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I could be wrong but I don’t think they make it out that far every year. The times I’ve ran out there on sleds there has been no plowed roads that far, usually late February or early March timeframe, but I haven’t made that run in 3-4 years either. I’d say give them a call.

Reef W

Just got back from a trip out of Wheeler’s Resort using Adrian’s road. You could see Garden Island from where the shacks were but I don’t know our exact location. We were in 33 or 34 ft of water so we must have been at least a couple/few miles from the island judging by a lake map.

Anyways, there was a plowed road out to to Wheeler’s shacks and we drove out there ourselves. I only noticed one group of shacks between us and the island so I don’t think the road went much further. They did mention that they were moving their shacks another mile or two north this week though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.