Keeping wires connected to smaller helix units.

• carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

Does anyone else have trouble with the plugs coming disconnected from helix 7 or 5 Humminbirds? If so are there any easy way to keep them connected? These don’t have the collector/retainers like the larger units.

blank

I’ve never had an issue with them coming disconnected on my 7, but I really wish there was a single connector plug thing like the bigger units or older units.

404 ERROR
    MN

Yes, It’s super annoying when I have it on a Ram mount on the dash of my truck. It has came off on multiple occasions driving across a rough patch on the lake. Then I have to pull over, wait for the satellites and continue on. On the boat, it’s only happened a couple times, and usually from bumping it. Could be the wire for the truck is looser than the boat? Haven’t looked into any ways to tighten the connection, interested to hear what others have to say.

munchy
    NULL

I’ve always zip tied the wires to an immobile spot just below and left a length of cable long enough to reach the unit without strain and enough slack to allow you to rotate the unit. This keep the weight off the plugs amd keeps them from pulling out.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Watched a YouTube video today and the guy put a wrap of white medical tape around the male part of the connection to make a snugger fit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.