Keen sandals

• Bryan Shelton

Does any have the Keen Newport H2 sandals. I was thinking about picking up a pair to wear in the boat this year. They are a bit pricey so I wanted to know how comfortable they are and how they hold up.

bigpike

Once you start buying Keen’s you won’t want to wear anything else. Also they stand behind there product so of you buy it from REI or good outfitter like them just take it back and they will take care of you…..

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Best Sandle made. I have 3 Newports (Leather versions) and 1 Clearwater. Its all I have worn all summer for many years. My first pair is still in service. Unfortunately of all their shoe models I can only fit the sandals and one model of shoe. Nothing else they make fits me. (

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Nothing will fit your foot better than a Keen.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Just about all I wear year round. Sandles in summer and Keen hikers in winter. Work boots are Red Wings.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Wore them all of last year. Love them. Very comfortable. Nice amount of arch support. They dry out pretty quick too.

Only knock I have heard (and is true) is they will hold in small rock/pebbles. Wearing Teva style sandals those always shake out easy. No so easy with this design. Many times you need to pull the sandal off. But off and on is pretty quick.

-J.

Bryan Shelton

Thanks for the advice guys. I might have to pick some up.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Only knock I have heard (and is true) is they will hold in small rock/pebbles. Wearing Teva style sandals those always shake out easy. No so easy with this design. Many times you need to pull the sandal off. But off and on is pretty quick.

This is true. I wore a pair tubing down the Apple River last year and probably had to take them off to empty small rocks out about 10 times. But they would be great on the boat!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

they are awesome. Im a cheapskate when it comes to shoes. After looking at them for a few years I bought a pair of newports H2 on discount from cabelas. They are so comfortable and sturdy. I love them. I have never liked wearing sandles until I had these. Great all around summer shoe and a great boat shoe

David Bollig

Yes they may hold a pebble now and then but biggest attribute is toe protection. because of that they are usable hiking or boundary waters portages. A great boat shoe with good support. I am on my 7th year same pair and I wear on boat all summer.

tswoboda

I wear them all summer in the boat. As mentioned, they are pebble magnets and also mine get a worse smell than other sandals.

If you want to try that style of shoe without spending the money, check out Atikas on Amazon. Dead knockoffs for 1/4 the price, not as durable as the real deal though.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

They’re comfortable but they hold pebbles mercilessly. I think their quality has dropped off the past few years.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

My boating sandal @ $15.00 and doesn’t hold pebbles.

LinK

Attachments:
    1. 6438_1.jpg

CaptainMusky

I purchased a pair of Newport H2s 2 summers ago because everyone said that I should buy good sandals instead of the $15 ones I throw away after a couple seasons of hard use. Well, they lasted one week and came apart!
    I contacted Keen and they replaced them with the same exact model which are holding up so far. They are insanely comfortable for sure.

Rod Bent

H2’s are great! They dry super fast. The leather version takes too long and will start to stink.

Lynn Seiler

I have used Keens for 12 years. I have sandals, shoes, and boots. Love them all. If they made a pickup, I would buy one.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

If you wear draining shoes, you are going to get sand, grit and pebbles.

I like the Kilchis from UA. Obviously they are not made for portaging and hiking, I only bring it up incase someone is looking for a lightweight, comfortable boat/wading shoe.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

More comfortable than croc’s? Blasphemers! rotflol

I also have a pair of Vasque (Hiking line of Red Wing boots) that are water shoes that are excellent also. Couldn’t find a link in my 5 seconds of searching tho.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

More comfortable than croc’s? Blasphemers!

Sorry, but the thread is about men’s footwear.

moon

robby
    Quad Cities

Everyone’s got it pegged here. I wear Keen shoes and hikers too. Last forever and feel great. Just make sure you try them on before buying. Sizing can be a bit finicky.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

H2’s are great! They dry super fast. The leather version takes too long and will start to stink.

My BIL has a problem with stinky Keens if he wears them too much. He has H2 and Newport models. I have Newports and never have an odor problem and I wear them all summer when not at work. Can’t explain it. I tell him, it’s him not the Keens. devil

fishingdm

I have a pair of those as well. I really like them, I wasn’t a sandal wearer before these. They are more comfortable than some shoes I have had. I only buy keen shoes now. I have their hiking shoes and work boots. I have had a problem with the rubber separating on the soles of the hiking boots.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Have a pair. They are ok. I wear the crocs most of the time in the boat and outside in the summer. Have had the keens rub too much on the feet if walking all day in them. could be just me.

Rod Bent

Another great thing about nylon version is you can throw in the wash and air dry!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I love the perch feet you get from wearing your Keen sandals! Was getting a pair at Scheels and a guys was next to me getting a new pair, said he had spent almost two years trekking around the equator and his one pair held up. My eyes lit up a nd bingo they were sold.

Ryan Wilson

Once you start buying Keen’s you won’t want to wear anything else. Also they stand behind there product so of you buy it from REI or good outfitter like them just take it back and they will take care of you…..

Keens were the worst investment I ever made as footwear is concerned. Great customer service but there is no point in replacing an item that is just going to fall apart within 6 months. Great service, terrible shoes. Especially for $130. I went back to Merrill’s. I’ll never buy a Keen product again.

I bought a pair of Targhee 3’s. The lining started coming unglued after 3 months. After 6 months, I could pull the entire lining out the shoe. They replaced them quickly. Sweet. The next pair, the lining stayed intact but the sole lugs started ripping off from the sole. The soles also wear down incredibly quick. Needless to say, both pairs are now in the garbage. Like I said, good service, terrible products.

Also, usually when you start seeing “name brand” items being sold at Walmart and Meijer, you can tell which direction that company is going in and quality plummets. As with KEEN. no thank you.

It sucks because not many companies make a dependable size 14 shoe.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.