Look out Kansas City!

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I was notified today that I’ll be spending the next 4 weeks in the Great City of Kansas!

Sounds like I’ll be down there for at least one or two weekends…with nothing to do.

Anyone know of a good place to bank fish? Maybe I’m a little early on this post as I don’t have my travel arrangements yet. Not sure were I’ll be staying.

More to come when I know more…I guess. There are catfish in Kansas City aren’t there??

stcroixer
    Croix Valley

Quote:

There are catfish in Kansas City aren’t there??

Well, we know there are plenty in Pool 4 …….

what’s it cost to rent an empty trailer for 4 weeks

sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

Ha! Dean already told me I could have it! You’re going to have to rent a cabin. Don’t worry BK, I’ll check the AC for mice and snakes daily!

big_head_basher

you might have to check out the wiper fishing in the local reservoirs. heard there an awesome fight.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

what’s it cost to rent an empty trailer for 4 weeks

KEGGER at Brian’s!!!!

Don’t worry, we’ll keep it nice for when ya return…..

CrappieChatt

All ya gota do is CALL ME!!!! I’ll take you fishin’. I live in Lawrence,,, just 25 miles West of KC. 785-312-0945. Give me a call and we will ‘wetaline’. <*)}}}><

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Theres plenty of river near by… but its very industrial.. you would think there would be some type of shore fishing opprtnity at the least.

Truman Resrvoir is only about 90 minutes away. The Truman Dam and the Osage river there is hyped up to be some of the best shore accessable catfishing in the country. Blues, flats, and channels. I know they pull some beast out of there.

stcroixer
    Croix Valley

Quote:

You’re going to have to rent a cabin.

I would if I could, that’s a popular place

jason-cyboron
    Lincoln, NE

When I used to live down there I went to Guy B Park quite a bit. It’s just north of KC just west at exit 20 on I29 I believe. It doesn’t get as pressure as some of the Metro area lakes get. You can also check out Smithville Lake.

Jason

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Check out the Kansas Fishing reports in that area. Looks like the cattin is good at several places.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Thanks guys…I’ll get more info on my end.

Crappie Chatt, I’ll be sending you a pm as soon as I know more.

CrappieChatt

Looking forward to it!!! <*)}}}><

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

Thanks guys…I’ll get more info on my end.

Crappie Chatt, I’ll be sending you a pm as soon as I know more.

I’ll tell ya Brian, Crappie Chatt is the MAN, too. I’ve visited with him a few times, in person and via email, and you’ll be hard pressed to find a nicer guy!

walleye4
    On the Water

Chatt is a really NICE guy. I’ve talked to him many times and he knows his “CRAPPIE”. I’d be careful or he might talk you outta cattin and turn you into a proud crappie man!

Chatt,

You ever catch any kitty’s on your CRANKS!!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Sounds like it’s going to be a week from this Monday for three weeks (two weekends)

Anyone know of any places that would make good IDA sponsors?

I’ve only fished the MO River once and that was for Blues…I didn’t even know there were crappies in KS!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Relax Kansas City!

Orders have changed. I’m leaving for Wichita Monday morning.

Is there any water down there?? ‘spose I should be asking a lineman for the county….

CrappieChatt

Maybe next time. I guess I’ll just hafta go out with some clients to Toronto Lake KS. Sure would of like to show ya just how big the crappies are in KS, <*)}}}><

CrappieChatt

Greg, hooked a few blues in Perry. They have stocked them there to help with the zebra mussels <*)}}}><

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Sorry Chatt, I was looking forward to hooking up too.

‘course it’s not Monday yet…maybe they’ll tell me I’m going to Mille Lacs for three weeks. Na..not a chance!

So what’s going on in Witchita??

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.