Greensburg KS Aerial Photos

• sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

WOW, that really puts it into perspective.
    Prayers are sent out to the families that are involved in this disaster.

kfur

prayers go out to all the families from ours

walleye4
    On the Water

Thanks for the article Todd!

willie boy
    Cornhusker Central ... HELP!

As someone who grew up in the area and went to school with people who’s families live there…gotta say pushing these photos around still makes me ‘sick to my stomach’…

I grew up in Kansas…tornadoes are a fact of life…and occasionally one comes along that is huge and goes through a community…Andover comes to mind…

Those folks have a long road ahead of them…and, sorry to say this cause I know it’s insensitive of me…but ‘Wow’ doesn’t even beging to ‘get it’…

What do you do after a big storm? You go outside and start picking up and moving forward…that’s what folks do who live out there. Now if they were in the big city, say like New Orleans, they’d be waiting for the government issues Visa Card and the National Guard to roll in…instead, they’re not ‘waiting’ on anyone…

Growing up, as part of a church group, I got to travel to more than a few places to assist with clean-up in the aftermath of some serious disasters…floods, Wichita Fall tornado…stuff like that…sure there were more than a few other communities that rallied and went over to help.

That’s also what folks out there do…they help one another without being asked…

walleye4
    On the Water

Don’t forget about the Hesston tornado in the early 90’s. I seen the town after that one and it was a pretty sick sight to see!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.