Resorts on Kabetogama

• poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Anyone have any feedback on resorts on Kabetogama? Looking to do a late may or early June trip there and would appretiate any feedback on resorts. Attending will be myself, my wife, our (by then) 6 month old son, and my parents. Primarily going there to fish (will likly be the first major (multiple day) trip for my dad with his new 175 Alumacraft, but also need some on shore activities for Wyatt (won’t be able to do much at 6mo. but he likes watching people so just watching kids on a playground will entertain him). None of us are really the bar type and would like a somewhat ‘peaceful’ time.

So far in my research Northern Lights is near the top, also liked Sandy Point, Kec’s Kove, Voyager Park Lodge and Pine Tree Cove. I think I would prefer to be more on the ‘upper’ end, not really any basis on that other than just a gut feeling.
    Any input anyone can provide will be much appretiated.

jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

Try Harmony Beach, nice resort and great people that run it.

Jeff Matura
    Sumner, IA

We’ve stayed at Pine-Air the last two years and have been very happy with our experiences. Good protected harbors, friendly service, and nice lodge. Cabins have also been very clean when arriving.

joe-bauman
    Rochester, MN

If you want to be further East, the Ash Trail Lodge as well as Ash-Kanam, both on the Ash Trail. Restaurant, Bar, Bait, good docks. Downside is no beach but a little cool that time of year anyway. Good luck!

timmy

For a nice quiet family type setting, I think Kecs Cove is a tough one to beat. It is one of my favorite places up there. Very nice people, clean cabins, and a nice quiet setting.

MIKGILLIE
    Owatonna,MN.

Snyders Idlewild resort,very clean and family friendly place with a pool and playground

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Anyone have any feedback on resorts on Kabetogama? Looking to do a late may or early June trip there and would appretiate any feedback on resorts. Attending will be myself, my wife, our (by then) 6 month old son, and my parents. Primarily going there to fish (will likly be the first major (multiple day) trip for my dad with his new 175 Alumacraft, but also need some on shore activities for Wyatt (won’t be able to do much at 6mo. but he likes watching people so just watching kids on a playground will entertain him). None of us are really the bar type and would like a somewhat ‘peaceful’ time.

So far in my research Northern Lights is near the top, also liked Sandy Point, Kec’s Kove, Voyager Park Lodge and Pine Tree Cove. I think I would prefer to be more on the ‘upper’ end, not really any basis on that other than just a gut feeling.
    Any input anyone can provide will be much appretiated.

Here is my take on Kab. It’s a good size lake and with all lakes this size wind can create a problem. Be sure you have a protected harbor for the boats. Common sense will dictate when it’s to windy to fish but the boat will take a constant pounding in a unprotected harbor. Book soon. Kab. despite being on the border fills up fast. Be sure you have a good map, a chip would be the best. I have yet to find a forgiving rock up there. No matter where you stay a trip to the Kettle Falls hotel is a must! Very scenic (and rock filled) trip but well worth it in my opinion. Also, check with the Park service. They run tour boats up to the falls and allow time for lunch while you are there. That might be the best thing for the little guy since it would be a hours trip or more from the West end of Kab.

The Ash River Trail resorts are more centrally located and offer more options on windy days. However it’s a 10 – 20 boat ride BEFORE you hit the junction of Kabetogama and Namakin.

If you have specific questions ask away, or send me a PM.

sink-her
    Kasson MN

Listen Brian he knows that lake very well, I really like staying at Sunset Resort give john a call 218-374-3161 that way you can go to kab or nam both great fisheries

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Listen Brian he knows that lake very well, I really like staying at Sunset Resort give john a call 218-374-3161 that way you can go to kab or nam both great fisheries

Thanks for the kind words. I know where the rocks are but I don’t know where the fish are. But, I know a guy………..

walldows

I have been going to Kab for the past 6 years and have stayed at different resorts and Pine Aire is by far the best resort I have stayed at. The owners are very helpful and the cabins are always clean.

mojogunter

Ashkanam is my favorite resort up there. They are all about customer service. Dock guys couldn’t be more helpful. Been a few years though since I have been up there. Of all the resorts I have been to none have come close.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.