Kab Opener

• IndianaKid

Anyone do any good this weekend? I am heading up this coming weekend (the 19th), staying for the week.
    Just curious as to what was working? what didn’t work? water temp? Who else will be there next week? Could be helpful to share some info on how the days are going next week. I am staying in the Peterson bay area.
    Tight Lines!

wiswalleye48
    East Troy, WI

https://www.gatewaygeneral.com/
    Check the Gateway site for a fishing review of the past weekend, you can expect low lake levels, watch for rocks etc that normally would be ok if the lake was at normal levels

Tight lines

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Water temps were 55ish in the bays this morning.
    The group next door has caught a 24” and 28” walleye and yesterday a 45” pike along with smaller fish.
    Bouys marking rocks are not all out yet but i would expect they will be by next week. Water is rising every day.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Levels definitely low but manageable. Hasnt been fast and furious but good enough to keep us interested. All but one of the walleye we caught so far have been 5′ or less of water (all in protected slot). Even spread between morning, mid day and evening. Lots of small pike and a few mid 20’s but no bigguns yet on the pike side. Not much on smallmouth yet. Hammered 14-16″ sauger opening morning in 15′, kept 5, made a good meal last night for our group.

IndianaKid

It sounds like the water is warming fast, a lot warmer than I would have thought. and WOW! a 45″ pike, I cant imagine. that’s HUGE.
    This is my first trip to Kab, really looking forward to fishing a new lake, love the challenge. I really appreciate the insight on what going on.
    thanks for the replies. I should have internet while staying at Kab. Feel free to PM me while I’m there.
    Thanks Again!

welliou

fished today on Kabetogama caught about 20 for three of us. 4 to big, kept 4 and the rest to small. fish caught were in 20 to 25 ft. water temp was 52 main lake, up to 60 in shallow bays. Used rainbow minnows and what we caught seemed eager to bite. Staying another 6 7 days so will update.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

A few from tonight, twitching shallow jerkbaits in 4-6′.

Attachments:
    1. 20180515_205507.jpg

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Wouldn’t let me do multiple pictures- now it did

Attachments:
    1. 20180515_202118.jpg

2. 20180515_2101360.jpg

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I fished Crane this past weekend, found water temps 51-53 degrees. Bigger spawned out females were caught, mainly in the 22-26″ range. Those fish were caught in 8-12′ of water on jig/minnow or jig/plastic. Keeper fish were a little harder to come by, but found some in the 3-5′ foot depths along rubble shorelines vs slate rock shorelines all of those on jig plastic.
    Few pike in the mix, also some nice crappies right with the bigger female walleye. Bonus smallie as well!
    Fun weekend!

welliou

Sounds like a good opener Calvin. We fished again today on Kabetogama, we had 20+ fish, kept 6 the rest were to small. Again fished deeper water so may be explains lack of bigger fish. Had a nice fish fry tonight and will try it again tomorrow. Planning to fish the Ontario opener on Namakan Saturday.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.