Just bought an airbrush kit

• Don Mang

My hobbies are, restoring Mitchell UL reels, rod building, and now airbrushing.
    I’ve been playing around with a Mitchell 308, The paint was very chipped. So I’m doing it camo, this is what I have so far (photo). Also bought some unpainted crankbaits, did this one so far, and restored a few spinners (photo). In time I should get better airbrushing.

Attachments:
    1. 1.jpg

2. 15.jpg

3. Camo-3.jpg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

It’s quite the addiction. I’ve been in the diy stuff for well over 40 years. Problem is the list keeps growing.

Which brush did you get? I really like my patriot. Very adjustable for fine detail. I have a couple various brands for base coating and with much larger tips that I can send larger media through.

It’s been surprising all the odd and end things that work awesome for templates and tools. Very grateful I have daughters LOL, lots of hair gizmos that are perfect for striping.

Don Mang

The kit is a cheap one Master kit for beginners. Comes with a 1,3, and 5 needle. If I get descent at it I may get a better one. Is you brush the patriot 105? Yes I’ve been looking at a lot of video’s for accents.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Is it an actual kit or did you buy separate items. I would be interested in a kit to get started on this stuff.

Don Mang

Gino this is the kit.

Attachments:
    1. 3.jpg

2. 2.jpg

3. 1-3.jpg

fishmantim

Got into Airbrush DIYing crankbaits and trolling spoons few years ago, taking a break this year since trying to get the blanks out of China (where most of them come from)is taking a lloonng time. lots of fun, have been giving away a ton to family, friends, etc..some catch fish, some not so much, but look pretty. A few good Utube videos out there also to help guide you. enjoy!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Is you brush the patriot 105?

yes. the other brush I really like is the Iwata hp-c plus

Dual action brushes are best for control. If you start to get into painting bluegill / crappie or any other very detailed patterns, quality brushes make it so much easier. Those Master kits are a good starting point and will give you an opportunity to see what you want different in a brush before dumping $$$ and being dissapointed

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Welcome Don

My wife gave me an airbrush for xmas. All the other parts to make it work is finally off back order and in the mail. I am hoping to play with it soon. I originally wanted it to pant rod blanks but since I got it I have been carving out different musky lures to paint. Come on UPS.

Don Mang

I’m going to do a rod blank to go with the Mitchell camo. Or at least try to.

abster71
    crawford county WI

been playing with for a few years now enjoy it when I have the time.

Attachments:
    1. thumbnail_IMG_2555.png

2. thumbnail_IMG_1928.jpg

3. thumbnail_IMG_2552.png

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.