June 6th is Free Fishing Weekend – Perfect Time to run a Derby on the Rock River

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Please join us at the “American Legion Post 166 in Fort Atkinson, WI. The committee will be running the 2nd Annual Fishing Derby. As we are targeting this for the kids we doing have adult categories. See attach for details

Attachments:
    1. updated-American-Legion-Post-166-final-15-Dec-2015.jpg

2. Attach-size-American-Legion-Post-166-final-15-Dec-2015.jpg

1. American-Legion-Post-166-final-15-Dec-2015.pdf
    2. 2015-Post-166-Fishing-Derby-Offical-Rules.pdf
    jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

whistling

Attachments:
    1. fake.jpg

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

To all my friends please make sure your free June 6th and make a effort to join me at this derby. This is a great derby and a lot of fun fishing, good food and raffles. This year we have some awesome speakers for the kids and adult’s. I will not be fishing in this derby. I am on the committee this year so my goal is to work with the kids, take pictures, help at weigh in AND HAVE FUN!
    What a good time to do some Kid and Adult bonding.
    The Fort Atkinson Legion 166 would like to invite all of you to the 2nd Annual Fort Atkinson Legion Post 166 Fishing Derby.
    This will be Free Fishing Weekend in Wisconsin so you will not need a Fishing Licence for this event. Life’s a fishing picnic! Especially on Wisconsin’s Free Fishing Weekend, June 6 – 7, 2015. Residents and nonresidents are welcome!
    It will be held on JUNE 6th from 5:00am to 2:00pm at the Fort Atkinson Legion Post 166 Dugout at 201 S. Water St. W. in Fort Atkinson.
    This Fishing Derby is for both Kids and Adults to fish in. Fish from the Shore or a Boat. Lake or River fishing. From the Jefferson Dam to the Indianford Dam.
    The cost for the Fishing Derby will be: Kids are Free! When they register they will receive a pack of Fish Wild Cards of all of the fish in Wisconsin and a Fish Measuring Tape to measure their catch of the day.
    The cost for Adults will be $15.00 w/ a lunch provided.
    The fish classes will be Walleye/Sauger, Northern/Muskie Catfish. 1st an 2nd place will be determined by 1 fish by weight in each class. Panfish it will be by the total weight of 5 Panfish. All Wisconsin Fishing regulations apply for this Fishing Derby
    The following are the prizes in each class: Kids 1st place $75.00 with 2nd being $25.00
    For the Adults it will be 1st place $150.00 with 2nd being $50.00.
    To register ahead of time you can go to the Legion Dugout on S.Water St. W or at the Shell Handy Pantry at 1012 Whitewater Ave. in Fort Atkinson.
    You may also register at the Legion Post 166 Dugout on the day of the Fishing Derby starting at 5:00am.
    After 2:00pm we will have a free lunch for all those who registered for the Fishing Derby and for the Public for a small donation.
    After that we will have Speaker and Some Raffles for the Public and those who registered for the Fishing Derby of Fishing related items and some 50- 50 raffles to end the day.
    The proceeds for this event will be given to the following organizations: Bark River Fish Hatchery, Friends of Haumerson’s Pond, Boys and Girls Club of Fort Atkinson. Boy Scouts and the Girl Scouts.
    So stop on down and help your local Veterans help support the youth of Fort Atkinson
    So learn alongside the kids on Free Fishing
    Weekend, and be ready when they say,
    “Take me fishing, please!”
    For more Information, you can contact one of the following people.
    Dan Juday: 920-747-0691 Email: [email protected]
    Don Krebs: 608-548-4448 Email: [email protected]
    Vern Zech: 920-650-0475 Email: lavernezech#gmail.com
    Hope to see you all there!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Just a reminder June 6th, got any questions message me. Great derby and good times and food with your entry.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

WALLEYE ONLY – This is a challenge to The Rock River Rats here on IDO. Yes I’m talking to the gang that participates on this Rock River thread, and I know you all. The challenge is to enter this event on June 6th. For starters it’s a for a couple great causes. Lucky for you guys I’m NOT fishing the event. doah I promised the staff I would not and stay back to help out. Yes you to Dave, there is a shore anglers event or for those that can’t find a friend with a boat u can fish from shore. yay If we can get more than four anglers fishing from this thread to enter we will have a special tournament for you and winner will get some fin-tech jigs. What do you say guys? Who wants to be king of the hill for a year? whistling

Attachments:
    1. legion493x640.jpg

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

It only takes one walleye, one walleye in eight hours, come on guys this should be a no brainer. Who will the king be? woot

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Saturday’s weather playing right in are wheel house. Sunny and 73*.

Attachments:
    1. Capture-455x640.jpg

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Remember this is free fishing weekend in WI, hope to see u a the derby. Take a kid fishing!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Legion Derby Report – The Derby was a big success. The awesome weather help, Thank you mother nature for the great weather. Total entered with shore anglers and boaters was 81. I don’t have all the results but I do know the walleye category. 1st place weighed in a nice 4.9 and 2nd place was 4.8. We didn’t pay out for 3rd place but my buddy was so close I need to share. Keith Conroy weighed in a nice 4.6, so close. Nice hat Keith aka “The Famous Chef”

Congratulations to all that got to enjoy the beautiful weather that mother nature provided.

Thank u to all that donated and sponsored – Thank you

Attachments:
    1. Keith-3rd-place.jpg

2. 2nd-place.jpg

3. first-place.jpg

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.