5-5

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Thought I’d post some pics since the fishing wasn’t worth getting out of bed for. It was lower than this last year, but it won’t be long before it beats that record. I’d say ‘enjoy’, but…..

seeds
    Bluff Country

Come on up to Minnesota we got some extra water for ya

Husker26
    Gretna, NE

That is such a waste of a great fishery! It almost makes you want to . Were you able to get in and out pretty easily or was it a major pain? Doesn’t look like there was anyone else out on the lake either. Did you do any good at all??

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Let’s all hope the rain starts falling soon. No floods, just good 1 inch rains twice a week.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

The ramp was a real pain if you were by yourself like I was, but if you got another guy, it’s not too bad. There were 3-4 other boats out there, including a fiberglass Smokercraft. Don’t know how far the rock goes out though. I’m sure someone will find out soon enough. Fishing was horrible, I’m still irritated about it.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

You should of headed North.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

You should of headed North.

Ya ya….you already caught all the fish there!

Don’t you worry…I think I’ll head up that way this Monday and Tuesday since those are my days off. Might fish around here Sunday, but who knows how early I’ll be out there after graduation Saturday.

Had to go to Lex tonight, so the gf and I headed over and fished the canal in 3 different places. At one place, I caught 3 of the nicest crappies I’ve seen all year long so far. They are starting to get dark and really kick into the spawn. Good times await!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Nice job on the crappies, B. Did you get any smallies last night?

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Thanks -they were a pleasant surprise. Usually this is a smallie hangout, but I know crappies like this area too. With not much current in the canal yesterday, it was a great place for em to be.

Not one smallie, but I know they’re there. Might get the boat over there Sunday and see if I can get into a few before I head for some eyes.

chadmayer
    Gretna, NE

Congrats on your graduation Brian. Tom and I were going to try and make it to the party but we got off the lake to late. We fished Johnson on Friday and caught 10 keepers. The biggest was about 20 inches. It was VERY WINDY!!! I am sure we would have caught a lot more but boat control was almost impossible. We caught all the Eyes in 5-10 ft of water. Most were caught around the point in front of Medo’s. We had to troll the pontoon boat into the waves which was fun. If I went to fast, the rollers were breaking over the front and swamping us with water.

We went back out on Johnson saturday morning and the weather couldn’t have been any different. The lake was like glass which attracted all the fair weather fishermen. There was probably over 30 boats in the area we fished on friday. I HATE fishing in the crowds like that. We caught a few keepers and decided to move over to Elwood instead of fishing with the crowd. The ramp at Elwood was better than expected. There were several boats out there that were around 18ft. We caught 7 Walleyes. Only 3 of them were in the slot. We caught them on lindy rigs with long snells tipped with leeches. Again, most were caught in less than 10 ft of water. I wanted to troll some crankbaits but we didn’t do it (had 4 people in the boat). I saw some guys trolling some cranks and they looked like they were catching some fish. Other than them, I didn’t see anyone else catching fish. We caught almost all the eyes around shotgun point (my kids named it that because of all the shells on the shoreline). Basically, it’s the second point past the north side of the dam. There is a hunting blind frame on the first point. By the way, isn’t interesting that you cuss the wind when it’s bad and then when it’s calm, I am begging for more wind.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Thanks Chad! I appreciate it- it’s nice to finally be done with school. I guess now I have to get a real job.

No problem with missing the party…fishing is important stuff! I’m headed out right now to give it a try in a few areas today and tomorrow. Don’t know that I’ll hit Elwood, but I might.

Nice fish, and thanks for the info!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.