Tourney results/fishing reports

• gooshnt

How did the walleye tourney go this weekend @Johnson? ANybody know or participate?
    Was over there Fri. evening and could only catch shorts. ANybody having any luck on keepers?

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

WELCOME TO IDA gooshnt I know of a guy that was just knock’n the heck out of big keepers down there last week pull’n plugs in 30′ of water. As for the tourney, I didn’t even know that there was one down there maybe Brian will know

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Welcome to IDA gooshnt.

Coyote Chaser
    Lincoln,Ne

I fished the tournament at johnson , we caught alot of short fish , on the first day we ended up with 1 fish in the boat 21′ ,3.3lbs, on the second day we ended up with 4 fish 15.5,16,17,19.5, If we could have just found some keepers on the first day we would have been in the money, It was a good time and we did end up with big fish for the tournament!
    Michael

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Welcome, Goose!

You know, my cousin ran the thing, and I STILL haven’t heard what won it, who won it, or anything for that matter. I know Sundy’s doesn’t even have the info, which makes no sense to me since they help sponsor it. If I hear anything, I’ll let ya guys know.

walleye4
    On the Water

Was there!!!!!! Fishing was great if you like to catch 14″ walleye! We weighed in almost 8# for the 2 days. We had 3 keepers on Sat and 2 on Sunday. We could have very easily won it if I could have kept the KICKER fish hooked on Sunday. I lost a 6-8 lber about 30′ from the boat. All I seen of it was the tail. I am still sick over that. Not sure what happened but it wasn’t good. I thought the tourney was well ran and organized. I am planning to fish it next year.

trevor nation
    Elwood/Johnson Lake, NE

Man coyote chaser caught a 21 footer?? So it wasnt nessy I saw out there the other day…. And greg…what kind of binoculars were you using when you saw 8lbers tail 30 feet from the boat im just givin you $hit. Heres my weekend…starts out at our hot spot of the past month, lots of 17 to 23 inch walleye in the first couple hours(im tellin ya brian you gotta hit it), then the sudden idea of hitting big mac. Couple hours later we find ourselves on the lake, waves so big it was like alaskan crab fishing, didnt catch a thing. After a long night at the bar we wake up to hit the canal below ogallala. Just a little water coming out, only about a foot of water to fish in, not a trout in sight but a lot of big walleye against the walls. We were told they’d been there for weeks apparently everyone else had tried catching them and failed…including us. We head home and 3 miles from lex the boat trailer wheel comes off. Ya that was us hooked onto a boat in the tall weeds of the interstates edge….. wasnt the best weekend but it was pretty exciting. Im tellin ya brian, if you want the endless numbers of good walleye and sauger, you gotta try it

gooshnt

Hit Johnson on Sunday and as advertised 14″ abound. Caught 2 keepers out of 30. Talked to couple of other groups. 1 had 3 keepers, 1 had 1 so I guess I am the average fisherman I thought I was Gonna keep an eye out for Trevor though–he must know where the big boys are!!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Man, Trevor knows how to catch fish!

I’ll be getting ahold of ya man!

walleye4
    On the Water

Quote:

And greg…what kind of binoculars were you using when you saw 8lbers tail 30 feet from the boat im just givin you $hit.

If I would have been looking at that fish with binoculars, I would have really been MAD cause then it would have looked like a 10 lber. Who knows, maybe someone spray painted some white on a bunch of CARP tails to fool me!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.