5-3 report

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Well, if it started with a ‘J’, I fished it yesterday. I headed down early to Jeffrey Reservoir and took my buddy’s dad out all morning. The weather was pretty dismal, with mist coming and going, plus I never really fished this lake that hard before. We went mainly for crappie, and I managed 3 with a small LMB. Don didn’t hook any, but he did have something BIG on, but it must not have been hooked well enough. I was disgusted with the number of carp I saw in the shallows of that lake. I know the surveys looked real good for crappie for that lake, but fishing for them wasn’t really that good. Lots of shallow water back in coves, and some of them didn’t have real good access to deep water, which made them look unattractive to crappies, I’m sure. But it was still fun getting down there. Stopped at Johnson on the way back and battled the wind and cloudiness. Did manage four short walleyes on minnows working a windblown point real hard. Just went back and forth with live bait rigs. I saw some other guys drifting and trolling, but didn’t see any fish caught. Water was down probably a good foot and a half at Johnson. Next week I’ll be up at Sherman Thur Fri Sat, so look for the Crestliner and white Z71 with a topper.

Todd_NE

Glad you got out. I haven’t been on the canals and reservoirs since I was a kid jugging.

I just got back my old Alaskan from the tarp shop last night and was hoping to go this weekend but I think I’m going to pass because of the @#@#$%@#$% @@#%@#$% @%@#$%@#$ @#%@#$% @ $%@#$% weather.

They are predicting Pluto-sized hail and enough wind to make a certain Senator jealous this weekend.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

They are predicting Pluto-sized hail and enough wind to make a certain Senator jealous this weekend.

Ya, this weather does blow….figuratively AND literally. Not too good here either….guess I’ll just spend the next couple of days workin on the new Lund, so it won’t be all that bad!

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Todd, would that be Berts brother

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.