Did anyone make it out to one of these lakes??

• Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Just curious if anyone made it out in the rain this weekend to Johnsons or Elwood? I’m really hoping to get in a day trip to Elwood by the end of Oct.. I’m just waiting to hear that the walleye are biting!!

dcm

I was at the Lake working on my deck. Have not fished for last several weeks. I’ve noticed though that the gulls have not been active. Shouldn’t they be chasing surface shad with the white bass this time of year?
    P.S. I’m glad folks are starting to use this forum.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Welcome Dave!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Welcome to IDA Dave!!
    I haven’t noticed as many gulls around at a lot of the lakes this year. This sould be a good time of the year as the shad will come to the surface to be in warmer water. It has been cloudy the last few weekends so that may have a little to do with it too. If they are letting water into the lake a lot of those shad and white bass may be up in the inlet.
    Let us know how it goes if you do some fishing this fall.

walleye4
    On the Water

That is where we were Ben. I would just about bet that there has to be some walleye sitting down under all that mess of Shad. Wish I could make it back over this week but have other plans so I won’t make it back on the water for a couple weeks.

trevor nation
    Elwood/Johnson Lake, NE

Why dont you just tell everybody about all the big wiper sitting deep between the two tubes while your at it greg p.s. You may be onto something with your walleye assumption

walleye4
    On the Water

I wouldn’t know anything about wipers at Johnson’s Trevor. By the looks of your avatar, you are the one that should be telling us.

When are we going to hook up and hit the water again? Hope to try some at Johnson’s when the lake fills again.

trevor nation
    Elwood/Johnson Lake, NE

Im now free thursdays, fridays, and saturdays I just got back from the inlet after about 6 hours worth. Theyve been messing around with the water ever since i showed up. When i left the water was roaring out and the biggins were starting to show themselves. Why did i leave then you ask? because ill be back out in a hour from now after a quick haircut

walleye4
    On the Water

Cool! We might just have to hook up here real soon!

So……..How did you do after the ol’ bush whack?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.