Got some fish in before the weather….

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Hard to believe yesterday was so nice while we’re sitting in this snow/ice/sleet/rain/thunder/whatever today. We ended up fishing a few places yesterday but eneded the day at Elwood. It’s been slow for me there this year, but yesterday we managed a few fish. Found some crappies near some cover, which is being added to the water every day with the rising water. We caught probably 14 total, with a white bass, channel, and 3 pike thrown in, including this one. Dustin caught this 33 incher back in a cove. Went 7 1/2lbs. Wish I was back out there today instead of trying to stay warm inside.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

nice one your holding there
    I’ve had so much going on I still have not gotten out….

shluppy
    Grand Island

Nice fish!!! Always nice to see aearly season fish being caught. Is that a swim bait in it’s mouth? I’m definitely hitting Elwood this year. Yeah, today the weather sucks.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Thanks guys.

A swim bait? Huh? What are those????

huskerdb
    Kearney, Nebraska

I will make a shameless plug for my employer and say that is a Cabela’s Go-To Hoochie Koochie in its mouth. It’s a great swimbait that I have caught my personal best wiper and now pike on.

Hats off to Brian for letting me and my oldest ride along with him. He found us quite a few fish on a day when we had to work for every one.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Nice looking Gator

Jack

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Thanks DB. It was much more of a struggle than I envisioned, that’s for sure. I’m glad we finally found some fish somewhere. It can only get better from here!

jebb-hatch
    Kearney, Nebraska

Sounds like a good day of fishing. Glad to hear the water level is making its way back up to the majority of the structure.

Looks like it will warm up for the weekend at least.

4fishing

Quote:

Sounds like a good day of fishing. Glad to hear the water level is making its way back up to the majority of the structure.

Looks like it will warm up for the weekend at least.

As soon as the ice chunks melt!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

That’s a nice fish for a “big stinky”.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Big stinky couldn’t be more accurate….you shoulda seen what she did to my boat.

mroberts
    Nebraska

That is definitely a nice fish.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.