Joel Nelson

• robert johnson

What happened to Joel Nelson? He is one of my favorite fishermen on the show, I haven’t seen him yet this year and he isn’t listed on the pro-staff. Hopefully all is well.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

http://www.joelnelsonoutdoors.com/

There was a discussion on this last year, and from what I recall he had left IDO with no hard feelings to pursue some other things, and I think a lot of it had to do with family time?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Everyone loves Joel! toast

(no sarcasm involved)

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Sure Joel seems like a nice guy…but really he’s a very nice guy! wink He’d help out anyone any time! waytogo

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Just seen him on a Brad hawthorn video show he does on Mille Lacs. He is the guest host. Hooked on the ice series

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Joel just needed more family time. With little kids, it’s a tough juggling act

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

He’s written some great articles here and there since leaving.

One of em recently was for the angling buzz emails that get sent out if you sign up, seems like he’s on rapala pro staff?

Seriously though, how absolutely kick a$$ would it be to work for different fishing brands or shows?! See what Otter has going on behind the scenes, then rapala, switch to Eakimo, or start repping Lowrance, see what Northland has got coming out, etc. Fisherman’s dream, well would at least be mine.

Best of luck to Joel again and hope he’s really enjoying his switch. toast

Slabhunter

I think he’s part of the Lindner Group and the IceForce Team now isn’t he? Saw him on Angling Buzz.

troutbum
    St. Paul

Guy composes some really informative articles in Outdoor News. Wealth of knowledge in that guys melon.

Brandon Sibert
    Tomah, WI

I spoke with Joel for a while at the St. Paul show. He’s still Pro Staffing for Ice Force and St. Croix, just needed time with the family.

shady5

Not to get too personal, but does he have a full-time job and do the fishing thing on top of it? If so, that’s a tall order with a family.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Not to get too personal, but does he have a full-time job and do the fishing thing on top of it? If so, that’s a tall order with a family.

Yes, Joel works full time for the University of MN.

Brandon Sibert
    Tomah, WI

I gotta say, last week’s episode with Tony Roach was pretty cool. It certainly wouldn’t break my heart to see a similar episode with Joel.

competitor
    South central, mn

Joel also has his own website. Joel Nelson Outdoors. He writes articles and answers readers questions. Great guy!!

travis mccolley

Dude is awesome. I have had the pleasure of speaking with him at a couple of shows, and my wife emailed him to find out what lures to buy my for Xmas.

He was down at the Owatonna Cabela’s repping for marcum a few weeks back, he is so humble and helpful, so easy to talk to.

SO many of the factory reps want to spend time explaining their resume, and why they are better than you. in all my discussions I have never heard him bad mouth a competitive product. He simply goes through the benefits of what he is repping.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Dude is awesome. I have had the pleasure of speaking with him at a couple of shows, and my wife emailed him to find out what lures to buy my for Xmas.

He was down at the Owatonna Cabela’s repping for marcum a few weeks back, he is so humble and helpful, so easy to talk to.

SO many of the factory reps want to spend time explaining their resume, and why they are better than you. in all my discussions I have never heard him bad mouth a competitive product. He simply goes through the benefits of what he is repping.

Thats what separates a professional from a wannabe.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.