Jiffy Propane 2016

• gonehunting

Has anybody else seen this? My brother said it was on the Jiffy Facebook site. Correct me if I am wrong.

“The people at Jiffy Ice Drills listen to their customers. The popular propane Pro 4’s fuel line has been redesigned to keep a straight line so there is no stress on the fittings. The new, limited production Model 44 Pro also has a new propane rule line design, new propane tank holder and new transmission to allow it to utilize a 9″ or 10″ drill assembly, but still weights the same as a Pro 4 Lite. It has a 24:1 transmission with a solid aluminum case. The Pro 4 Lite will still be available for the next ice fishing season”

Attachments:
    1. Jiffy.jpg

2. Jiffy-2.jpg

Aaron

That looks like a much better design for the propane tank!

404 ERROR
    MN

That looks like a huge improvement over the first propane models, which I still own. I don’t ever find myself taking it out of my wheelhouse because its so slow, heavy ad bulky. They’ve really come a long ways! Get it down to 21lbs and work it faster than a Nils Tanaka or a Honda-Lite and we’ll talk…

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Yes its is a fact!

MNdrifter

Awww crap doah how am I gonna explain I need a new auger to wifey?

Jake Sonnentag

I have purchased one of these augers this year and I’m In love with it heavy duty propane last along time starts 2-3 pulls normally everytime I love this auger

prospector
    Wyoming

I bought a generation one pro four and jiffy was worthless with their customer service. I will not be purchasing a jiffy in my life again. Hate to be negative, I really do like the drill and still own it. But I have had nothing but trouble with my propane leaking both through the carburetor and the hoses. I spend a lot of money every year on ice fishing gear. Jiffy could have had a good representative of their product in me as a fisherman on the ice. They chose to save a dime and stepped over many dollars this time. If I did that in my own personal business, I would have been out of business long ago. Very shameful in my opinion. Good luck to all you guys who have one. The new design does look good and hopefully will work well for you. Take care, prospector

Reid Danielson

Purchased my jiffy pro4 less than 2 months ago, already had to take it in for repairs. Propane began leaking through the carb. was covered under warranty but I was still pretty upset after only using it 5 times. My Strikemaster Mag2000 lasted me a decade without any repairs. When I drop $500 plus I expect the best and I don’t think the pro4 offers that unfortunately.

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Did they fix it? That shows something right there. Everything can be built on a Friday before thanksgiving vacation…..

shamus
    Inactive

I bought a generation one pro four and jiffy was worthless with their customer service. I will not be purchasing a jiffy in my life again. Hate to be negative, I really do like the drill and still own it. But I have had nothing but trouble with my propane leaking both through the carburetor and the hoses. I spend a lot of money every year on <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>ice fishing gear. Jiffy could have had a good representative of their product in me as a fisherman on the ice. They chose to save a dime and stepped over many dollars this time. If I did that in my own personal business, I would have been out of business long ago. Very shameful in my opinion. Good luck to all you guys who have one. The new design does look good and hopefully will work well for you. Take care, prospector

Same here. Had my 2nd trip out this year and my 3 year old pro4 lite ran like crap. Bogs down doesn’t idle well. I’ve had problems with this thing since day one and it’s been in multiple times for warranty service. Well now it’s out of warranty and I still have a big yellow turd. Thanks for the junk Jiffy. I will never buy their trash again and will do everything I can to steer follow anglers away. DONT BUY JIFFY JUNK.

bighead

I loved my Jiffy until yesterday was fishing a mile an a half from the landing when I drilled six holes then ran out of propane, put new tank of propane on and auger would not start again ,propane was full and also warm but still wouldn’t start,spent a couple of hours trouble shooting, had fresh gas to regulator checked carb ever thing was good bought new spark plug still didn’t start or even fire, has any one else encountered this? It knocking me out trying to figure it out, what else could it be

Scott Mueller
    Coon Rapids, MN

Makes me miss Tecumseh.

You new what you had and how to make it run beter.

Scott Mueller
    Coon Rapids, MN

Makes me miss Tecumseh.

You new what you had and how to make it run better.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.