James-On The Ice-C10?

• 3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Enjoyed Sundays show, nice crappies. Question, I just got a Ceymar C 10. I was a little surprised to see you using one as I thought it incredibly small and was getting ready to return it for a C20. Will 3# fluorocarbon stay on the 10 or boing off? Mono probably ok? I have one small Feedback item also. There were times during the show when the music pretty much overshadowed the voices, it was sometimes hard to hear the conversation. Anybody else reading this feel the same? Take that for what it’s worth because I’m surely no expert in mixing. Some of the other fishing shows are so obnoxious on the music side they’re getting hard to watch. You do a good show with plenty of helpful tips and information, appreciate it. Thank you. Anybody else on here have experience with fluorocarbon on a C 10?

Ryan Scholl

I have had problems with fluoro carbon in general so instead I run braid with a fluoro leaders on my C10 reels. I own 2 of them and they have quickly become 2 of my favorite reels.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Thanks to IDO I purchased my first C10 last year and love it. Its on a panfish rod and filled with 2 lb mono. If I needed another ice reel today it would be a C10. I cant speak to other line types on it.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I have had problems with fluoro carbon in general so instead I run braid with a fluoro leaders on my C10 reels. I own 2 of them and they have quickly become 2 of my favorite reels.

Flurocarbon is overrated as a mainline. I wouldn’t waste my time or energy fighting it onto some small spinning reel (or any spinning reel for that matter). It’s a great leader material, and nothing more than that for me.

I’ve got a C10 and it works great with 2# test mono as mentioned.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

X2 – Same for me

MX1825

I run braid or mono with floro leaders on everything, C10’s and Sienna 500.

Beast

In my opinion I don’t think floro was really developed for spinning reels, I think it was developed for larger Diameter lines for bait casters. but I like it’s low stretch and no refraction qualities for leader material.

Ripjiggen

X3 on all of the above. floro main line is a waste.

efrommung
    Green Bay, WI

I have 5 or 6 C-10’s. 3 lb Pline Flouroclear works great on them. They are great reels for Ice rods. I use them for panfish rods as well as my walleye rods. I took them all apart when new and cleaned the factory grease out of them and then re-lubed them. Love them.

tim hurley

P-line is great-the floro coating sheds water (less ice up) and the mono core keeps the line flexible. Love braid but it holds water and freezes up for me, I am out there hole hopping so freeze up is maybe more of an issue for me than most.
    Plain mono is fine for me too, I am almost always in water less than 25′ so stretch is not as much of an issue, in open water at 25′ you worry about stretch but you are casting out, 25’straight vetical is no big deal IMO

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I also run both 2 and 3 lbs on my c10

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Enjoyed Sundays show, nice crappies. Question, I just got a Ceymar C 10. I was a little surprised to see you using one as I thought it incredibly small and was getting ready to return it for a C20. Will 3# fluorocarbon stay on the 10 or boing off? Mono probably ok? I have one small Feedback item also. There were times during the show when the music pretty much overshadowed the voices, it was sometimes hard to hear the conversation. Anybody else reading this feel the same? Take that for what it’s worth because I’m surely no expert in mixing. Some of the other fishing shows are so obnoxious on the music side they’re getting hard to watch. You do a good show with plenty of helpful tips and information, appreciate it. Thank you. Anybody else on here have experience with fluorocarbon on a C 10?

I don’t spool up with fluoro on my spinning reels. I run Sufix Ice Magic or Advance in 2 – 4 lb on my C10s and don’t have any coiling issues.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.