IWB holsters

• Reef W

I need to get a holster for an 3.3″ XD-S mod2 9mm. About 10 years ago the Crossbreed Supertuck was all the rage and that’s what I have for other guns. I don’t really have any complaints about it but I was wondering if there is something else out there that is better now. I saw that Hidden Hybrid holsters have really good reviews but only having one clip seems weird to me. Anybody have one of those or something else they prefer?

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I am a Crossbreed mini tuck fan for my G43 and G42 in horse hide.
    Couple weeks ago I bought a CB Reckoning for my G43,the jurry is still out.I bought that in the black cow hide and I dont care for the leather as it appears they have changed it or maybe it was just the batch they used but there was no grain to it and pretty slippery. But maybe it needs some brake in time. I like a 330-4 carry and the double clips of the Crossbreeds does a nice job tucking the handle into the body.

I have tried a We the People Appendix with the claw at the 4:00 position and IMHO its a total waste of money. The claw is a a cheap pile of crap that does not stay in place and the gun rides way too high out of the wasteband.

tornadochaser

Phlster, JM Custom Kydex, Dark Star Gear, Trex, tenicor, safariland are all great brands of holsters. I’m not a fan of any holster that uses a half shell with a leather backer. The leather stretches over time and you lose retention. Have had that happen with 2 crossbreeds and 1 alien before a trainer recommended I get a full shell kydex holster. You can always add a neoprene backer and a wedge if needed for comfort.

Avoid Versacarry, Remora, Sticky, BLackhawk, Fobus, Uncle Mike’s, Urban Carry, We the People. All junk, and mostly not allowed at major trainer’s courses.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Im a fan of Versacarry OWB. I cant imagine anyone claiming them as junk AND in the same breath advocating safariland?!

E4mo

Carrying at 4:00?

When my wardrobe makes concealment challenging I carry a P365 at 4:00 in a Vedder Lighttuck, and would recommend.

Even so, I prefer carrying my CZ75 P-01 appendix in a Tier One Axis Slim.

Either way, thanks for carrying–we need more sheepdogs out there.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

You havnt lived tell you tried pocket carrying that. With holster of course.

404 ERROR
    MN

Badger Concealment Kydex from eBay. Tried literally dozens and never found one as simple and easy as these. Switched from Crossbreed. All that leather is unneeded and holds heat/sweat IMO. I carry appendix, FWIW. I see absolutely nothing wrong with a We The People…sorry, does the second clip you get on the crossbreed give some the extra retention feel goods?…

Reef W

Thanks for all the ideas! Still haven’t got one yet because it seems several brands don’t make one for this gun. No rush though, I’m still looking at everything mentioned.

tornadochaser

Im a fan of Versacarry OWB. I cant imagine anyone claiming them as junk AND in the same breath advocating safariland?!

Never had a safariland failure.
    Never taken a class where safariland holsters were badmouthed or banned from the class.
    Never been at a match where safariland holsters weren’t allowed.

I’ve seen those floppy versacarry ballsacks holsters dump their contents from a simple bending over.
    I’ve seen them as banned/unapproved on the last 3 classes I took.
    They aren’t allowed for any competitions at the 2 ranges I shoot at.

I’m referring to the slide style OWB with no retention. just a couple of soft pleather straps sewed together. I’m aware Versacarry has models with at least some form of retention. But their main seller is that floppy mess they advertise all over facebook.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Badger Concealment Kydex from eBay. Tried literally dozens and never found one as simple and easy as these. Switched from Crossbreed. All that leather is unneeded and holds heat/sweat IMO. I carry appendix, FWIW. I see absolutely nothing wrong with a We The People…sorry, does the second clip you get on the crossbreed give some the extra retention feel goods?…

I use the same for multiple guns. I also ditched my crossbreed

KwickStick
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

I’ve got a Vedder Light Tuck w/claw for a Hellcat I’ll sell cheap. PM me.

the_hat
    SE Metro

Question for the badger concealment guys. Do they make it/ will it fit a XDS 3.3 with a trigger guard mounted crimson trace laser? I have a N8 Tactical holster for my XDM and I’m not a huge fan. Haven’t found one for this XDS yet.

Thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.