I’ve had it with my fryers safety valve

• jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

That’s it. I’m done. I have one of the safety valves that takes batteries and has a timer feature. It hardly gets oil up to 350 and will randomly shut off. I’m done. Anyone modified one? Can I buy a straight up old style one anymore that sounds like a jet engine taking off and will take me from 0 to lava in 30 seconds?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Every fryer I buy has that modification as soon as it comes out of the box. Had to buy different gas line a few times for the right size fitting. Well worth getting rid of those POS safety timers!!!!

riverruns
    Inactive

Use your Turkey fryer with your 20# lp tank and the shallow fryer. That’s what we use. 0-375 in a couple minutes. Just adjust the regulator for temp. Real easy and real quick.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve seen them rigged with zip ties to keep timer from shutting off the propane.

Regularpaul

I have two different model Bayou Classic burners that I use for brewing. They’re hogs. I haven’t timed it but I bet 7 gallons of wort will boil in about 12-15 minutes. And if I’m boiling water bath canning I can get the few gallons needed for that boiling in probably 5-6.

Haven’t deep-fried with it yet but I bet you’d barely have it turned on and you’d have 375 in no time flat. Plus there’s no silly safety switches at all.

I think my models are sp-10 and sq-14.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.