It’s game on!

• Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Gas prices are not really even on my list of concerns related to this topic. Nuclear War or WW3 vs Russia and/or China are far more concerning. Iran would be light work for Israel or the US, but what that would lead to is the trillion dollar question. And I don’t know who is in charge in DC, as I’m very sure it’s not Biden or Kamala.

Ever since the start of the Russian “military operation” in Ukraine, it’s felt to me like we are in a slow march to a much bigger conflict. IMO, one of 2 things is going to happen. Either Russia prevails in taking “back” Ukraine, or Ukraine wins the war. The later of which will involve a very significant Russia vs NATO conflict.

Riverrat

They shouldn’t even have wasted their money on the drones and missiles. The economic effect from threatening Israel did more damage. Regional planes and commercial vessels were avoiding the area after the first three round of threats.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The vast majority of our oil comes from Canada not the Middle East and we have brokered deals to pay less than what the open market is trading at. I am certain our gas is going to go up no avoiding it, but it may not be as bad as it could be.

Even without an escalating conflict in the Middle East, gas was going up already. Increased demand and refinery outages due to annual maintenance, plus switching over to the summer blend by May are also factors.

Let’s just hope cooler heads prevail and it doesn’t balloon.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Not sure they were actually trying to kill Isrealis. Just send a message. Iran is a pretty big p*&^% when things start getting really hot.

Exactly. Iran has internal problems that are 100 times more important. The only thing the Mullahs care about in Iran is staying in power and getting into a no-win battle with Isreal or anybody else is the last thing they want.

This “attack” was not about hitting back at Isreal, it was about demonstrating to the Iranian people that the regime hadn’t become powerless. Now that the Mullahs feel they have done this, they will go back to trying to convince their own people that life in a poor, isolated, Islamic dictatorship with a dead economy really isn’t all that bad.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.