Issues with Thorne brothers?

• Chris Schoblocher

Has anyone on here had issues with orders from Thorne Brothers? I received my order today and I had ordered two of something and got one and it was either missing parts or was the wrong item all together and I was only charged for one and no mention of the other being back ordered. The other item was just a different light/fan than I ordered and the one I got costs less than what I paid. I emailed them and sent a message on facebook but I am not confident because I had emailed them about this order before it arrived because it was taking so long and they never replied to that email. Last time I called them about something the guy I talked to was going to hang up before he even got my phone number to call me back so I really dont want to call if I dont have to.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Nope I have never had an issue. I’d call them.

curleytail

I’ve always had pretty good experiences with them. I have ordered just a couple times but have called a few times talking rod blanks and they’ve been helpful.

I would call too. It’s frustrating when emails aren’t answered, but over the years I’ve learned that very very few businesses are good about answering email. I don’t agree with that, but it seems to be reality.

Tucker

Chris Schoblocher

Yea I’ll have to call tomorrow and hopefully it goes well. There is no way I could have called this afternoon and got anywhere because I was a little ticked off and wanting to rip someone a new A hole and that would have not gone well for anyone. The thing is last year I had an issue and they where very helpful and fast at answering everything over email. I have had a polar opposite experience this year vs last year with everything from answering emails to shipping speed and general communication. And this order screw up was the top.

huskerdu

All good at TB , last of the great fishing stores in the TCs

carver
    West Metro

If you emailed to info@….. you will need to call. I think they get 1000 emails in there a day amd not enough man power to read it all.

They have went far beyond helping me get a warranty issue with a coat resolved. Couple phone calls and pics sent in, in a couple of days I had the information needed to return the coat for repair. That was in the last couple months.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

I am sorry to hear this. I love that store and have made 60+ orders with them without a problem. Try using g maps and see when their busy times are and call when they are slower. They have always have been very helpful and I am sure they will fix this for you.

404 ERROR
    MN

Never an issue with TB, a stand-up store that will do just about anything for their customers.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

The only issue I’ve had was getting crap for wearing an IDO sweatshirt. Of course it was from one employee that I’ve always found arrogant.

Hoyt4
    NULL

What is the deal with TB heard they are making a new rods call Elliott fishing rods? Or is just Gregg Thorne starting this company up and still running Thorne?

wormdunker

What is the deal with TB heard they are making a new rods call Elliott fishing rods? Or is just Gregg Thorne starting this company up and still running Thorne?

Separate company. Former owner and employee started a rod company.

I swear sometimes the only thing this forum is good for is griping about how the world is against you. How tackles shops and manufacturers are out to screw you.

It gets tiring and old. In this case we have one of the last of the great fishing shops that maybe had an off day, maybe one guy that packed an order had a bad day and we need to throw them in front of judge an jury to either proclaim them as worthy of the IDO business or Roast them at the spit.

Now there is a post that is the Ying and the yang of products. Cant just say name 3 products you have had luck with, nope, have to list out a few that you want to roast too.

Good thing we are all perfect.

Nathan Lindall
    Eden Prairie, MN

Now there is a post that is the Ying and the yang of products. Cant just say name 3 products you have had luck with, nope, have to list out a few that you want to roast too.

When I’m reading a review on some new gear, I like to know a couple of the other similar options or cheaper knockoffs that I might want to stay away from. I agree it is a little ridiculous when people swear by a brand a tear apart the competitors, but there’s a place for warning about a product. Just my opinion, hopefully I correctly understood what you were saying!

wormdunker

When I’m reading a review on some new gear, I like to know a couple of the other similar options or cheaper knockoffs that I might want to stay away from. I agree it is a little ridiculous when people swear by a brand a tear apart the competitors, but there’s a place for warning about a product. Just my opinion, hopefully I correctly understood what you were saying!
    [/quote]

I think you are hearing what I am saying however don’t you think it is also important to know who the person is tha tis either praising a product or service or criticizing? It just seems these forums have become a dumping ground for disgruntled people.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

and as i read the initial post i get the impression he is asking others if they’ve had issues with thorne bros. it appears to me he’s ordered stuff from them before and has been happy with them and is somewhat flustered they messed this order up.

personally i would go to the store to get what i want cause i’m not into ordering online or thru the mail. i see no harm in voicing an opinion on products good or bad based on personal preference and i totally disagree this or other forums are for expressing disgruntled peoples displeasure with products or businesses. i for one like to see other peoples opinions.

just sayin!!!!!!!!!!!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I swear sometimes the only thing this forum is good for is griping about how the world is against you. How tackles shops and manufacturers are out to screw you.

It gets tiring and old. In this case we have one of the last of the great fishing shops that maybe had an off day, maybe one guy that packed an order had a bad day and we need to throw them in front of judge an jury to either proclaim them as worthy of the IDO business or Roast them at the spit.

What is ironic is that it seems you are griping about other people griping. Griping is still griping regardless of the object of such griping.

I would also add that the number of “non-griping” posts far outnumber the “griping” posts on this forum. chased

Nathan Lindall
    Eden Prairie, MN

I think you are hearing what I am saying however don’t you think it is also important to know who the person is that is either praising a product or service or criticizing? It just seems these forums have become a dumping ground for disgruntled people.

That’s true. Just read a lot of different opinions, take everything with a grain of salt, and make your own decision from there. I personally like negative reviews because they generally get down to the facts of a product faster than positive ones.

wormdunker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>wormdunker wrote:</div>

What is ironic is that it seems you are griping about other people griping. Griping is still griping regardless of the object of such griping.

I would also add that the number of “non-griping” posts far outnumber the “griping” posts on this forum. chased

Thank goodness we can still hang our hat on the fact the scale is tipped toward the positive.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

More and more companies are using online media to reach out to customers and gain sales. I don’t have a problem with that. But I have to say that with online media you have to be willing to take the good with the bad ( Negative comments or reviews ) One of the things I’ve always enjoyed about this site was that for the most part people were always allowed to voice their opinion and although others may not always agree they were respectful. I have noticed as the site has gained more and more sponsor’s ( Not saying that’s a bad thing ) people seem to have to bit a bit more careful about saying something negative about some companies. I fully understand business and the need for sponsor’s and the need to sometimes try and defend them. I just hope that $ doesn’t become a factor in defending them if they deserve what’s being said.

Chris Schoblocher

and as i read the initial post i get the impression he is asking others if they’ve had issues with thorne bros. it appears to me he’s ordered stuff from them before and has been happy with them and is somewhat flustered they messed this order up.

personally i would go to the store to get what i want cause i’m not into ordering online or thru the mail. i see no harm in voicing an opinion on products good or bad based on personal preference and i totally disagree this or other forums are for expressing disgruntled peoples displeasure with products or businesses. i for one like to see other peoples opinions.

just sayin!!!!!!!!!!!

That is exactly it. I have been very happy in the past and all of a sudden it is a mess. If it was one incident I would say it was a fluke but lack of communication and the order mess up is making me leary of doing business with them again. From the sounds of it I may be the minority and just have bad luck.

I email companies and try to handle stuff that way because it fits into my schedule easier than staying on hold. I hate wasting more of my time to fix something someone else messed up. And if a company cant handle email traffic they need to remove the email address or have one just for customer service and not one general email for everything.

Chris Schoblocher

Update! Ok just got off the phone with Thorne Brothers. They where helpful and are going to send the right item for one of the messed up things and try to get the other back in stock and straighten that out. She mentioned that she has had people “helping” with orders and she said it is obvious they dont know what they are doing because she is getting a lot of calls about order issues. I had a feeling something was going on because things where just not like thay had been.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

So just to clarify, your original post was the same day you received products?

You didn’t even give em a call before the original post? Business emails IMO are 24hr response time. If it’s urgent enough to rant online, I’d at least call first.

Peterbob
    Menasha, WI

You didn’t even give em a call before the original post? Business emails IMO are 24hr response time. If it’s urgent enough to rant online, I’d at least call first.

So did you even read his original post? He had a bad experience the first time they messed up when he phoned them?

Chris Schoblocher

First off I did not phone becuse I did not have a chance till today but I did contact them right away via email. Second it was not a rant it was a question on if others where having issues because I have never had issues before this year hence the ? at the end of the title. And as of right now they still had not replied to the email.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

First off I did not phone becuse I did not have a chance till today but I did contact them right away via email. Second it was not a rant it was a question on if others where having issues because I have never had issues before this year hence the ? at the end of the title. And as of right now they still had not replied to the email.

Chris, I don’t see anything you did as way out of line. You opened with asking if anyone else had issues and explaining your situation. You found out that Thorne had self admitted issues with staff and that they confessed there were mess ups with other customer orders. I didn’t see where you were bashing them as it seems you are a loyal customer.

I too though am turned off by bashing or badmouthing a product or company just to vent, however I have found value in those that have posted here about negative and positive experiences. An example is a post about a Marcum camera having issues. If that was the only one, no biggie…but then the post brought more owners commenting having or claiming the same or similar issues. Personally, that lead me to choose another model of Marcum camera to buy.

I read through posts regarding an ice suit that I was considering buying and after seeing nothing but positive feedback, I ordered one sight unseen.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Sometimes, emails hit the spam folder…. and sometimes it simply gets overlooked…………….

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Thorne Bros isn’t what it was even a few years ago and then today its tough to hire good replacement people who are actually knowledgeable. All business markets are feeling this crunch, not only fishing related businesses. TUCR was asked in another thread about the delivery of a rod or two ordered during the St.Paul ice show [1st weekend in Dec] and the asking party was told they’d be getting to his rods this and next week. This could be seen as unacceptable but may be becoming the norm as companies like Thorne and TUCR fight for their share of the market sales but have limited dependable employee resources to take care of business in a timely and trouble-free fashion.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I’ve had nothing but great experiences with Thorne’s. I hope your phone call with them went well! waytogo

holmsvc
    SE ND

I had TB rebuilding a Perch SH rod that I broke. I had asked that it was rebuilt 32 inches, and they made it 28. I called them and they offered to get a 32 made for me right away. They gave me the option of mailing back the 28 or purchasing it for $50. I of course bought it for $50 and keep that one spooled with mono and my 32 with braid. They were great to work with and fixed the mistake quickly.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.