Islamorada charter

• rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Anyone know of a reasonable charter out of Islamorada? Not looking for a washtub and an oar, but something that won’t break the bank and is reliable. Thanks

CaptainMusky

Jerry Sondag has Headshaker Sportfishing and I believe Jason Hammernick is in Islamorada too. Both are/were musky guides up here in Summer. Jerry is now full time down there.
    No idea on rates, just thought I would give you a couple to check into rather than starting in the dark.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

You’re getting into prime time down there now. Expect to pay for a good guide. March, April, May is when these guys make their money.

I’d get a half day guide and then rent your own boat.

Matt L
    Twin Cities

What do you want to fish for? When?

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

April 11th through the 17th. Open to suggestions on fish at that time of year

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Prime tarpon time down there. I was down there that same time last year and we fished tarpon, barracuda and jacks.

Sight fishing for big barracuda is a riot.

Eric duffy

Robbie’s is a decent area for around 50a person if snapper are ok by you. 4hour charter for 50 is a deal. Was just down there Feb. The gold reserve at the postcard inn is also great but ran about 750 for 4hours. You pick tarpon and shark, or offshore mahi and mackerel. In all honesty if your resort has kayaks, take those. Any simple yellow swim jig a quarter ounce with a zman deisel shad on medium heavy spinning gear with 20lb test will get you more fish than any charter. Lots of snook, tarpon, mangrove snappers, Jack’s, and grunts. Also anywhere is a good shark spot. If you prefer diy, worldwide sportsman will ship any rod you buy home for 13bucks. I buy a 7ft ugly stick spinning combo every year and just ship it home. Works good enough for any inshore fish and then I give em away once home to nephews or other neighborhood kids. Hard to beat for 65 dollars total.

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

Steve on Yabadabba Doo is an excellent boat out of Islamorada. Experienced tournament fisherman. Boat in mint condition maintained to the tees. We smoked the dock on our charter. Unfortunately not cheap. Go big or go home!!

riverruns
    Inactive

If it’s you going Jim, good for you! woot Not a better person to go and enjoy it. waytogo Remember it’s only $. Spend some of it. wave

MnPat1

April 11th through the 17th. Open to suggestions on fish at that time of year

Prime time tarpon fishing. Many fish are near the bridges and canals at that time. It’s possible and preferred to do evening tarpon trips and it’s a short run. Otherwise get a flats guide and fish Florida Bay.

Tim

Been going to Isla for years and always fish out of the legendary Bud N Mary’s Marina. We do offshore and flats but we spend 3 days fishing with Captain Jim Willcox. His speciality is fishing the Everglades national park for red, snook, Tarpon…the star Tribune has a great article on the experience. Jim is first class and a riot to fish with. He is the best Captain I’ve ever fished with. Just like anything you get what you pay for… you will find much cheaper but there is a reason, it’s typically a hobby Captain or less seasoned. PM me for note info or offshore options.

http://m.startribune.com/welcome-to-the-jungle/230927571/

Attachments:
    1. D36AA6AE-99E8-460B-855C-F44D81122CA0.jpeg

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.