Is newer always better Vexilar question

• mrpike1973

Hi, Last year bought a FL 18 for the wife FL 20 for me did not know the 20 would be a FLX 20 this year wish I knew. So should I sell my 20 and get a new FLX 20? Happy with what I got now but will I be missing a lot and will the 20 and 18 still be serviceable or will they be junk in a few years? Thanks for the replies.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Up to you if you want to trade up to a flat screen from the fl 18, other than that, they will work great for years and retain their value, a good flasher is always worth something. If you want the latest and greatest, go for it.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Ummmm…just like everything, there’ll always be a new model out. Once u get the flx20, will u want the flx22?

A Ton of people have the FL8’s…and yes, they still service them, but they need to break first. LOL.

Yep, you nailed it bob. I’m using a couple FL-8se’s, one from 18 years ago. And it is just as serviceable as the day I took it out of the box (although I’ve never had to service them), but serviceable in that they service me. cool And on the question of FL-20 to FLX-20, I couldn’t tell the difference from an original FL-8 vrs an FL-8se.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Whenever the annoying humm or rattling finally Starts to drive you nuts, go buy a FLX20 or 28. Until then, there’s no reason to upgrade.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Still waiting for my fl8 to break
    I wouldn’t buy a newer one if you have one that works

barrelslime
    Illinois

Mr. Pike. The FL models you have are perfectly fine and will be serviceable for eternity thru Vexilar. The FLX series has the same features yours has except the new brushless motor makes the display more crisp. Should you trade, I see no need to.
    As far as the FLX28, The FL20 and FLX20, with the addition of the DD100 for digital depth, will give you virtually the same machine as the FLX28.
    If I were in the market for a new flasher I would get the FLX20 in Pro or Ultra pack, which included the DD100 for digital depth.

Woodshed
    Elk River, MN

“but serviceable in that they service me”????

I didn’t know that option was available for the FL8. When did Vexilar discontinue it? It sure would be nice for those slow boring evenings on the ice. If you ever decide to sell or rent it out, send me a PM Andy.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

“but serviceable in that they service me”????

I didn’t know that option was available for the FL8. When did Vexilar discontinue it? It sure would be nice for those slow boring evenings on the ice. If you ever decide to sell or rent it out, send me a PM Andy.

Oh…it is not an option, it comes standard. That humming sound that you hear?…comes along with a pleasurable vibration. This will be our little secret… wink

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.